coco

A level results tomorrow

My son is totally unconcerned, just says it's too late to change anything and they will be what they are. I think if I hadn't mentioned it he'd have forgotten when it was.

Wish I could have been that calm and sensible at his age, actually I wish I could be today. :lol:

Having kittens here, I was fine until OH looked at the website of DS's first choice uni which said that all places were filled they wouldn't be entering clearing and basically don't bother calling until the next UCAS year opens. This could be great news, but it could also be bad news. I am really hoping for the former. He has been looking at the grade boundaries which were published yesterday and he thinks that he will be ok, but who knows. There won't be much sleeping in this house tonight. :roll::anxious:

Good luck to everyone in this position.

Having kittens here, I was fine until OH looked at the website of DS's first choice uni which said that all places were filled they wouldn't be entering clearing and basically don't bother calling until the next UCAS year opens. This could be great news, but it could also be bad news. I am really hoping for the former. He has been looking at the grade boundaries which were published yesterday and he thinks that he will be ok, but who knows. There won't be much sleeping in this house tonight. :roll::anxious:

Good luck to everyone in this position.

And I thought it was hard enough waiting for AS results and ED needing high UMS points to get the grades required for next year in order to get the unis she is after :cry:

Just spoke with my daughter and she said you can apply for UCAS track and find out there. Not sure how long it takes to apply for it though, so you may know before applying anyway. Just thought I'd mention it.

Edit to say, actually you can't look at it until 8am, so 2 hours ahead of actual results which is better than nothing I suppose.

Sorry maybe stupid question but do you not need to wait to get your A level results, or have you got those already too? In my day I had to wait for the postman to arrive with the envelope :lol:

Chrissie

No, just on the university admissions website they've said my place has been firmly accepted, I'm going into sixth form at 9 to pick up my actual results and see what I got :)

Sorry maybe stupid question but do you not need to wait to get your A level results, or have you got those already too? In my day I had to wait for the postman to arrive with the envelope :lol:

Chrissie

No, just on the university admissions website they've said my place has been firmly accepted, I'm going into sixth form at 9 to pick up my actual results and see what I got :)

Thanks for the reply. Well done again.

Well done Chucky Mama's DD a vet in the family could be very useful :wink:

Chrissie

ES got accepted at his 2nd choice (which was originally going to be his 1st choice) so he's happy with that, I'm really happy as whilst it is def away from home as that is important it's close enough for the odd w/e visit (I'm not ready to lose him yet :cry: ). He was disappointed to miss a A by 1 point in one of his subjects :(

Weirdly when he checked in on the UCAS site they had confirmed his place on 9th Aug :? but he didn't check until today after he'd picked up his results