Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

I found my button box! :dance: Not in the sewing room. It was in the box of Christmas ribbons in the spare room. How did I find them? Looking for the shower curtain hook that has gone missing since we decorated the blooming bathroom. :roll: Now begins a big sort out to tidy up. Well 2 of the cupboards under the shelves are sorted and junk removed and disposed of. Trouble is I find something that I haven't seen for ages and I sit and read it. Then I bite the bullet and bin it.

Plum - Judy Niemeyer patterns are Jumping Jack Flash, Starburst, Garden for my Wedding Ring, I think I have Cactus Rose - or something similar, not sure if I have a diamond wedding ring or star wedding ring. Shameful hoarder that I am. I really must work on those! :oops:

:clap: It's adorable!

Well I finally finished the last bit of border on that rooster quilt that I got from Craftsy a couple of years ago (or more :oops: ) and then I saw that blooming thing was upside down. :wall::wall::wall: So in a hissy fit I went downstairs and made dinner instead.

And now I must go and clean the house while all are at work. Meh. Then I want to get stuck in to Christmassy things because I'm lagging! A case of "squirrel!" big time there! :oops:

The huge wig project is over! We got 98 wigs made in the end! This week they posted a pattern for Belle. I knew that I had to make one up immediately!

20171116_211113_zpsuv2ol3zz.jpg

20171116_211029_zps7vjbibgl.jpg

I made up a Tiana too. She is my twins favorite!

20171116_205541_zpsxcipbbxp.jpg

20171116_205533_zpsxmvykplv.jpg

This little girl is the dd of my teens math teacher. She has a childhood cancer. She came and got to pick out the wig that she wanted. She chose the Belle! After she put it on and posed for herself in the mirror and gave it a twirl, she started to sing the Beauty and the Beast song! All the high school students around her started to sing along with her! The teen behind me started to cry being so moved by the experience.

20171117_192425_zpsslszuado.jpg

You can see all my flowers on Moana, the Belle and Tiana that I made and the crown on the Elsa that I made. We also did Rapunzel and Anna. Here is me with my first Anna.

FB_IMG_1510358571969_zpsplhrdvs7.jpg

I made over 50 beanies, hundreds of snowflakes, 5 dozen tiaras and 200 flowers for Moana. I went in during lunches and taught teens to crochet accessories and beanies. They did such a good job! The teens had bling parties glueing on all the gems and winding hundreds of skeins of yarn on multiple winders for the hair to prepare for the big night. Then they attached all the hair perfectly and styled the princesses just right. The local news came and both local newspapers published the story!

I celebrated the end of the project by taking Everett to the fabric store and bought him fabric for new jammies and hoodies. Kid needs new clothes!!! He tried to be patient as I traced a new pattern and made up his favorite. He was too impatient to wait for me to coverstitch the hems, so I did a 3 step zigzag. I liked the handmade look for jammies! He picked out the ribbing color. Didn't like my suggestions for ribbing that actually matched the fabric! He's beyond thrilled! I love sewing for him as he appreciates everything so much!

20171119_003504_zpsfggt2sm8.jpg

My thrilled boy in his Foxes with Socks-es!

20171119_003520_zpsjc3gyvh2.jpg

Younger brother is jealous now! And so is my oldest. They don't need new jammies though!

Thanks so much! I've got more wigs to put together. We've been watching princess movies this week!!! The Principal of the high school (she was in charge of the wig project) puts together a tree for auction every year in honor of her mother. The proceeds go to the children's hospital. It is a massive event with hundreds of trees on display. They have had a bank funding their tree until this year. Something happened and they didn't budget for the tree. So everyone she knows is scrambling to come up with hand made donations for ornaments. She really wanted homemade baby booties. The natural wool ones are going to be tea dyed. Then they will have buttons on the side with fur around the top and around the tab. I made 10 pairs and her niece made 2, so she will have a dozen. This is just my small donation to the cause. Family and friends are using their strengths to make tons of other ornaments.

20171123_230222_zps428aow6y.jpg

Awww. Lots of cute booties for a very good cause. Am quilting the neonatal quilt ready for the next meeting. Been tardy with that. I'm thinking of doing larger ones for Project Linus - one for a much older child though because I think people always enjoy making them for little ones. And with fun and cute fabrics - if you don't have children in the family to cater for then what a pleasant change for the quilters.