Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

What a super idea!  Our ratties have long gone, but they'd have loved those.  I think particularly my daughter and husband, when they had theirs, would have loved them too.  Easily washable and stable.  Much nicer than the plastic mezzanine type floors.:clap:

They use loads at the bunny rescue, as they also rescue rats and such. 
They do get chewed up, so they can always use more. I’m just using bits of left over cotton and a cheap fleece blanket from Ikea. Hope they keep them alive for a little bit at least. 😅

• Like 1

Frits!  Never had a gerbil.  I understand my sister-in-law had one when she and HRH was very young.  The only pet they ever were allowed to have (poor lonely thing).  HRH thought it would appreciate some summer sun as it came from a hot place.  They found the poor creature spread eagled in it's bowl of water trying to keep cool.  Luckily he didn't kill it!  Apart from my MIL not wanting animals, that was likely the reason why they didn't have anything else!   Took a long time before he relented and we got the rabbit and the guinea pig when our two were young.  Then later years we had the rats - well one poor little baby on her own, she thought she was a human and resented other rats being introduced for her company - as did HRH - even though he liked them, he only wanted the original.  She went on to nearly 3 years old.  Then the chickens and then the ducks which he likes when they are babies, but a means to an end otherwise.  So now we have the cats and boy has he changed his tune.  He's soppy with them!  Then said why didn't we get cats sooner - he feels he's been deprived!!!:roll:  Well matey boy - that's on you!  But they are indeed lovely cats - the perfect ambassadors for felines.  Good job neither turned out like my old cat!:lol:

• Haha 1