Christian

What have you all been making...part two...

Gosh! How talented people are!   I love seeing what people have made or are making!   I’ve had  problems over the last few months but now things are getting back to ‘normal’ thank goodness. So now I have a crochet blanket to finish, a pair of socks that I’ve only just found the pattern I mislaid, and a pair of gloves I love but proved a steep learning curve as I’ve not made gloves before.  I did manage to finish a double bed sized blanket last year which I’m quite proud of -  I actually finished a large project!   
The items on here are so wonderful, and the needle-felting is amazing!   Thank you all for sharing  

On 4/8/2022 at 6:17 PM, Luvachicken said:

It will look amazing when you have added all the little details @Cat tails

I haven't made anything for ages - Bonnie seems to be taking up all my time and I wouldn't trust her yet not to participate in any crafty activity :lol:

Have to say I have to pick my crafting time wisely too with Flo. Especially when brandishing a red hot poker!

Heyyyy I got a notification!!!!  And I've missed so much!  

Sad news from Blacky, and condolences from me too.  

I expect you know about Plum, was thinking about her the other day because of the Festival of Quilts and the last time we met up was at the Malvern when she received her prizes for her beautiful quilts.

Not done anything here, tinkered a bit with the cathedral quilt, but the house is being renovated - kitchen stuff crammed into the sewing room and I've not been able to reach anything.  Only been a year and still waiting for everything to be completed. Every room has something that needs to be sorted.  The builder has too many squirrel moments.  The quilt that I made for my daughter is on the table waiting for binding.  They are visiting on Thursday and it won't be done in time.

For the most part I've been concentrating on the veg patch as it got out of hand last year.  Been a weird hit and miss with some veg, but overall it has been better than last year and I've almost got to grips with it.  

Wonderful to see Catsy's lovely little creations.  Thank you for popping the piccies up.

• Like 2

That's so cute!  That's going to be one happy little munchkin!

Here finally moving into my sewing room!  Not worked on anything apart from daughters never ending wedding quilt.  I suppose it's a bit like her childhood quilt that I still haven't finished, but this one is getting the binding on.

That really is amazing @Cat tails. I've been making a complete mess of the garden, digging a trench to stop the garage flooding and changing the shape of the land to divert water. The whole scheme, which includes a pathway to harvest rainwater from the barns and stop the old pig styes from flooding might take two years. The reason previous owners didn't tackle these problems is the labour cost due to very restricted access; the materials are €200, the labour perhaps 100x that.

I've been making the most of the summer (being a TA I've had the past 6 weeks 'free'!) and been clearing and cleaning (sorted out garage, understairs cupboard!) Lots of charity shop runs and tip trips and finishing odd bits of painting, doors, skirtings etc. Also made lots of soap and been learning how to use our new yoghurt maker. I love it but the boys are taking some persuading - given they were getting through 5 - 6 big tubs a week though it's really non negotiable. Back to school tomorrow though........