quickcluck

Havaianas?? To buy or not to buy?

I first bought a pair when I lived in Australia about ten years ago and they're now the only flip flops I wear. In oz they're (or at least were then) cheap - $15AUS, but to be honest I think they're overpriced here.

They're natural rubber so not too bad for your feet, and I find them really comfy, but I'm not sure they're actually any better than cheaper brands (with a lot of wear they only last a couple of years) and I know plenty of people who can't get on with them.

I'm usually a 3 and a half or a four and I can wear either a 35-36 or a 37-38. I have 5 pairs :oops:
a woman after my own heart :lol:

I don't spend money on shoes and tend to get away with the minimum I can, I usually go from boots straight to sandals, I love a nice pair of booties and I adore sandals but can take or leave shoes, and would I ever buy a pair of manolo blahnik's? Never in a zillion years.....I look like a transvestite in heels anyway!!!

Ha ha Gavclojak.I too am a fan of Birkenstock.I get them at TKMax where they are usually on offer.Very comfy.My most worn out pair at the end of summer then become my ' slippers ' for winter.

Gosh I detest TKMaxx....I have never found anything in there but to be honest I detest shopping full stop :shock: I enquired recently about having the foot beds replaced on my favourite Orange birkies, guess how much it cost???? £39.99 plus P&P???? I don't understand, how can that be right? Replacing the footbed alone is more expensive than buying a brand new pair, I thought that was a selling point for birkenstock but obviously not :evil:

Has anyone seen the winter birkenstock's? All fluffy and warm :dance:

Sorry, a bit off thread as is regarding Birkenstocks but I too have bought several new pairs from TKMAXX but have been very dissapointed with their longevity (or, rather, lack thereof!!) The strap has pulled away from the foot bed on all three pairs now with really very little wear at all. So, yes, they are comfy (apart from the pair that farts :shock: - see below) but I wouldn't buy again!

PS The 'farting' pair must have a different type of foot bed as the middle of my foot sticks to the base from time to time and then, as I walk, pulls away making a very loud farting noise. This only seems to occur in very quiet shops and/or St David's Cathederal and is mortally embarrassing as it really does sound as though I have been on the beans the night before :oops: Such a shame as they are my favourite pair of the three in terms of style :roll:

Edited by Guest

Um, I am not sure that the gentleman in clerical garb in St David's Cathederal shared your amusement...I had to adopt a very odd gait on the way out! :oops: Now I can only wear that pair on the school run when I know all the other mums and they laugh at my farting feet :whistle: What a thing to be known for :oops:

I love my Fly Flot sandals which I bought from Pavers last summer. I too can't stand flip flops, just looking at the toe post makes me shudder, I just can't wear them. I have ridiculously wimpy feet and really struggle to find comfortable footwear. I used to love Sketchers trainers, but they seem to have deteriorated in quality in the past couple of years.

I like walking but am prone to plantar fasciitis so need good support, I think that my high instep is a problem, my feet are also wide across the toes and narrow at the back, so unless I have either laced or strapped on shoes they flop off at the back. Birkenstocks would probably be comfortable but the look of them doesn't appeal, I am not difficult to please honest :roll:

The 'farting' pair must have a different type of foot bed as the middle of my foot sticks to the base from time to time and then, as I walk, pulls away making a very loud farting noise. This only seems to occur in very quiet shops and/or St David's Cathederal and is mortally embarrassing as it really does sound as though I have been on the beans the night before :oops: Such a shame as they are my favourite pair of the three in terms of style :roll:

I am so pleased to hear it wasn't just mine that did this! So very very embarrassing :oops: I did wonder if they were too small for me, but I never did buy another pair.

I have had Havianas and LoVeD them and was gutted when the strap broke :cry: They have such a firm sole and far superior to cheaper flipflops esp the Monsoon ones where I found they were wafer thin within a week and could feel every stone! I now have Crocs flip flops and they are AMAZING! Super comfy and want to get more pairs of them. The only downside is they can be a bit slippery on wet surfaces as I discovered camping recently and was wearing them in the showers.