Christian

The Weather Thread #9

3 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

friend is driving home to Cornwall from Surrey and is stuck in blizzards on Bodmin;

Well here are some photos from Bodmin today!!!

400CBF4B-DCBD-4DD1-9C72-5883A22B6AB7.jpeg

8CCA6139-B632-4A14-A092-CDA31A07684A.jpeg

9DDA4A83-4C22-4833-A96D-FBA30535AB25.jpegIt was raining torrentially nearly all morning, then all of a sudden and completely unforecast here, this fell in about an hour!!

Edited by mullethunter
  • Like 1

I haven't heard yet!

No snow here yet - the grocery delivery chap said that it was due at 10pm. He delivered early and said that he was (wisely) trying to get his round finished ASAP to avoid any possible bad weather.

In that snow that we had at the end of February last year, the local council wouldn't collect our bins, and when I phoned up to find out when they would be collected, I told them that I had seen delivery trucks from Ocado, Sainsbury's and Iceland (haha) in our road that day, so they obviously weren't as soft as the council!

EEk, Bodmin looks scary (although is that a lovely Light Sussex there? My fave!) We were promised heavy snow just south of Oxford at around 8.00pm but, at time of typing, nothing! OH was in Sheffield last night and got back around 4.00pm and had nothing significant to report, snow wise, there or on the way back. A comprehensive blanket of the white stuff is promised overnight, though, so will await the curtain opening with baited breath. I do suspect that my boy's hope of a school free day is wishful thinking though :wink:

It came through here an hour ago.  About an hour behind schedule.  Passed over in about 45 mins but dumped quite a lot for such a short burst.  Can up from Winchester so heading your way.  One of my kids will be off if we get more than an inch but the other is likely to have to attend.  

As the youngest (10)  went missing tonight after school for over an hour I think she’d rather be at school tomorrow.  She has a tech ban including TV and will have to help tomorrow instead of doing fun stuff. 

Edited by ajm200

Just been woken by the noise of the wind in the eaves.  Looked out and the sniw is back and coming down fast.  The kids are likely to be off tomorrow and I’ve got to work out what to do with two sets of chickens confined to one small run.  The other option is to dump 3 into the greenhouse with food and water.  Likely to be warmer than the open run 

Edited by ajm200

We  have about an inch here and still falling, just about to take the dogs out, so will check the state of the main roads before I decide whether to wfh or go into the office. We have a business continuity plan so that we can keep things running... I usually end up picking folks up and taking them in if they need to.

Friend stuck on the A30 texted me just after 6am to say that it looked like they were on the move. No sleep and very cold. I can't believe that the army wasn't involved; this is what they do for fun when there's nowt to watch on the telly!

Haven’t measured it yet but we have quite a bit and are due more until lunch.  Met office say 60% chance.  I know that when we are in Devon trust means guaranteed and heavy. 

The howling wind woke me at 2.30 and I could barely see that street light next to our drive.  The snowfall was large flakes being drive horizontally by the wind

54 minutes ago, mullethunter said:

love the chicken stack 😍 Especially the pekin in the bottom with her beak open 😂

She wasn’t a willing participant and was making her feelings known for all to hear 😂

• Haha 1

I was out there a few mins ago.  3 inches of snow in the run since I cleared it and put the chickens back.

OH stuck his head out to watch..  helpful! Then locked the flipping door and went upstairs.  Had to trudge round to the front of the house and ring the doorbell 😂

• Haha 1