Groovychook

Manhunt going on in our valley!

We've just had the police come down our quiet country track to inform us that they are hunting two fugitives who are thought to be very close by :shock:

There are helicopters circling overhead, scanning up and down the valley.

Apparently, this pair abandoned their car further up the valley and have swum a mile up the river... rather them than me!

We are keeping our eyes peeled as we look out on some woods that lead down to the river. It's only a short walk away.

We've been told not to open the door to anyone. Cripes :shock:

I've no idea what they've done, are capable of or where they've come from :anxious:

It's pitch black outside now, so we've shut the curtains, which we never normally bother doing, the doors are locked and we're hoping that they've been rounded up or will be soon.

It's definitely OH's turn to take the dog out for a pee at bedtime!

Wow, that sounds exciting, do let us know what transpires. I hope that you let the dog out if you heard any noises outside.

We had the police chopper circling overhead the other evening, drove the dogs mad as it was so close :roll: A few months back, the air ambulance landed in the park at the bottom of our road to attend to an accident. I went racing down to see it as I know one of the pilots for the police/air ambulance choppers, but it wasn't him.

I've no idea what has happened or if it's still taking place. No frozen/bedraggled bodies emerging from the fringes of the wood :anxious:

It's very quiet, no helicopters and no traffic. We can normally hear distant cars on the road at the top of the hill but not a dicky bird this morning. In fact that's all we can hear! I'm presuming that it's safe to go out and about- we're due at the school fete this morning. I might get to hear an update whilst we're there!

That's a chilly river too having its headwaters on the moors. Rather them than me - it's cold enough in waders! Serves them right - hope they got them. It'd be good if the police came back to let you know really so you can stop worrying.

Absolutely! Having put the fear of God into people and warned them I think it would be totally in order for the police to update you and at least let you know there was nothing to worry about any more....they wouldn't have to give anything away, just reassure you!

We've not heard anything from the police. I'm not sure what we should do. It's disconcerting because we live in a fairly isolated spot. There's no comfort blanket of having lots of other people around us.

Maybe I'll make a call to the local police station although with all the cuts, there's probably no one there to answer the call :roll:

Well, I've just rung the non emergency number(can't believe that's a chargeable number :shock:), and after a bit of searching, they found a reference to the river Inny on Friday evening.

She was very vague and said that she thinks it must have been 'sorted'. She said that there would have been dogs along with the helicopter search and that 'they wouldn't have got away with that'.

I said that I'd presumed that it must have been resolved but that after such a strong warning on Friday night, I needed to be reassured that we could drop our guard. She made a bit of a joke that I must have been hoping for a week off work.

All a bit odd...

Still nothing on the news or online!