mullethunter

Back into lay in December?

one of my CLB crosses came back into lay today first egg for 3 weeks after 2 of her sisters stated laying mid November laid 11 eggs between them then stopped one I think will re start in the next few days as both she and today's layer let the cockerel mate with them yesterday I think at least 5-6 of the others won't be far off as they've got the red welcome light on and one or 2 have started 'talking' again

My five bantams all stopped laying the day the clocks changed!!! Although my New Hampshire and Silkie have been laying for the past 4 weeks or so, either one or two eggs a day. However, when I went to close their door on the 28th there were three eggs! The third possibly from my Wyandotte, then last night I had a green egg (from my legbar) so the egg ramp overrunneth this week :clap:

Not sure how to post photographs yet. Katie is a bantam too and bigger than my Wyandotte who had been my largest girl. I got Katie at the same time as Ella and Maisie and they all get on well together although occasionally she gets a wee bit pecky when they are getting treats and wants to get in first! Katie's eggs are are good bit bigger than the others eggs too and I must say they are a beautiful colour :)

Will investigate posting pictures!

4 in lay now. One of my cheeky triplets made a nest under the pampas grass.

Mullethunter are you thinking of getting a CLB I've got one. She's in with a mixture of banties a silkie and other breeds. Gets on just fine with them. I'll try to get a picture if you like. Actually she's not a pure, she's called a Jasmine, but pretty much the same.

That'd be great Chickabee so I could get an idea of sizes. I have 2 pekins and 2 Wyandotte bantams, and the breeder I got them from said a CLB might not be that much bigger than the Wyandottes. I'd love some different coloured eggs so ideally I'd have a CLB or Araucana bantam and a maran bantam.

I've had girls start to lay again every day since and including new years eve 3 out of the 4 green egg layers plus my CLB and maran barnie cross and one of the none green laying clb cross I just need the one green layer and one non green layer clb cross to start and I can do a test hatch while I know who laid which eggs