gavclojak

Anyone for a tattoo?

Fast on the heal of my last post asking about music choices I wanted your views on tattoo's

I am 51 and have just had my first tattoo done on my foot. A very cute cactus in a pot, I had it done in my last day in Mexico, we researched the tattoo parlour first and four out of eight of us ended up having them.bwe were going to do it on our last trip to Mexico but couldn't decide on a design so waited till out 3rd visit.

I have to say I love it, it's like a little act of rebellion:)

Before I'm judged I just wanted to add I'm as far removed from chavdom as you could imagine :pray:

What are your thought and would you ever?

I like them and probably would get one except OH doesn't like them at all so that stops me.

I don't think age is relevant. I saw an article once answering the comment - imagine how that'll look when you're old. Well in fact the old people with tattoos looked interesting and fun and quite cool. The article is probably floating round the internet somewhere.

A small one is nice, I toy with the idea of a shooting star on my foot,but as that is boney I think it would be sore. My mum and her friend dared each other and she got a teddy with balloons on the back of her shoulder. They were 80! I don't like all over arms etc or worse all over body.

I've got two, a very small one on my shoulder blade and a larger Celtic style one on my shoulder. It doesn't show under a t-shirt so when I worked in an office "Ooops, word censored!"ody knew about it. I love mine, I wouldn't have one anywhere that would be visible in normal clothes because I think it might affect my work but I'd have another one without hesitation. Maybe my next 'big' birthday.

I didn't find it hurt too much but I believe bony parts of the body are more painful. It might sound odd but I actually found it exciting, I can understand why people go on to have more and more.

I have one high up on my right arm. I was approaching 40 at the time and figured that if I didn't get one now, I'd never do it! My tattoo is a lyric from a song, arranged in a heart shape, which says "The scars remain to remind me I'm still living."

The words were apt for me as I've been under the knife 19 times to date and have many very visible scars (well, visible in the summer or in the swimming pool).

I love my tatt. It didn't hurt at all, just tickled a bit. Like Ollie, I found it terribly exciting to have done! I would really like another but am deciding what to have and where.

Hope you are well now Lydia. Your post reminded me of my YD. She has had two transplants. She got a tattoo like a bar code, three lines, one for her own liver,and one each for her transplants. It is on her wrist and hidden by her watch strap. I think it's a little reminder to herself how very lucky she is. I very much hope she doesn't need any more.

Hope you are well now Lydia. Your post reminded me of my YD. She has had two transplants. She got a tattoo like a bar code, three lines, one for her own liver,and one each for her transplants. It is on her wrist and hidden by her watch strap. I think it's a little reminder to herself how very lucky she is. I very much hope she doesn't need any more.

AMAZING

I'm not keen, but I do love the skill of the artwork. I went on a first aid in the workplace course last week and a young guy there had some very good ones. Both of my daughters are considering getting one, I think the only way that I would is if I had a scar to disguise.

I have my husbands name written on my finger, but it is hidden by my weddding ring.

I like that :)

Along similar lines, OH knows someone who has a tattoo of his wife's lip print on his heart, I do like that sort of thing, so romantic.

Not a fan of tattoos here though, and it has never crossed my mind to have one, although, like has already been said, the artwork on some is stunning. OH has some and hates them. They go with his job though and were all done long ago.

I watch the tattoo fixers programme and do wonder at some of the scribble people have on themselves :roll:

Another one here, who admires the artwork in some tattoo, but have never felt the need to get one myself. When Rosie turned 18, she went out and got a bee on the inside of her right wrist.... She though it was rebellious and that I didn't know, but I did and thought she could have easily done something far worse :roll: it's a nice clear design, and looks good on her. We'll see how long it lasts :lol:

A classmate in secondary school got hers in one of our last years.

She wanted it brown, on the back of her lower neck/back so it wouldn't show above her t-shirt.

It turned out purple :shock:

And had to be placed A LOT higher, because of a mole. Only a turtleneck would hide it!

That put me off for long enough to grow up :wink:

Might do one, somewhere along the line. But nothing soon. I do like the really nerdy ones, or the very subtle funny ones. Found a picture on the internet of a girl with a mute button sign behind one ear, in which she's deaf. Love that!