Cinnamon

Photobucket users.

For all who use Photobucket to share photos on here, both on threads & on your signature....well, you can't any more!

It looks like that are starting to ban this, which is odd as I thought that was what Photobucket was about!

It is a gradual roll out. My account has already been hit.

Annoyingly you may not be able to see photos uploaded in past times, either, which means a whole load of photos on here will no longer be viewable :roll:

More info here (caution, there is some 'language')

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/30/photobucket_charging_400yr_3rdparty_pgs/

There must be an easy way of loading photos onto the forum.I know I'm a techie dinosaur but really..... :roll:

it's not the up loading that's the main problem it's the cost of of the storage/hosting of the photo files that's the deal breaker for forums. the so called free hosting sites cover the cost with fees from their premium rate and commercial business plus the adverts they carry on the free site was the bulk of their income. but Ad revenue is in decline partly due to the current economic down turn globally plus the increase use of ad blocking software and the extra cost of protecting the sites from hacking isn't helping

Thanks for this post, I was totally unaware and await the disappearance of my avatar and photos shortly :(

Mind you, it's been absolute pants for ages, will be switching my few forum photos to a free host.

It has been total rubbish! Horrible adverts that will just appear and can't be clicked away and logging in every 5 min... :evil:

It has been total rubbish! Horrible adverts that will just appear and can't be clicked away and logging in every 5 min... :evil:

Absolutely, so irritating :evil:

Have deleted all my photos from photobucket while I had the chance and before they lock me out of my own account, apart from my avatar (which is also somewhere on my pc so I can upload it elsewhere) they can gladly ask me for $400 to keep it!

Thanks so much to Cinnamon for posting this!

It's a horrible and infuriating site to use with all the ads and quite often crashes but we've been using it at work to host our ebay images for about 7000 listings, which have now all been replaced with the Please Upgrade image (apart from the main image, oddly). I can't quite bring myself to pay $400 for rubbish though but unless I can suss a way to alter the image links on mass I think I'm going to have to.

The annoying thing is they didn't give any notice to give us time to self host the images or find an alternative provider.