matt_b

Welcome to the New Omlet Forum!

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Where do people get the little chicken and egg icons for their signatures?  I can’t seem to find them.

If you click the smiley button and then on top right choose converted. Those are the old forum smilies and have the chickens and chicks and egg smilies.

Now I'm a bit of a numpty as you know - but I can't for the life of me find how to change the title of a thread - seeing as it's - Herefordshire I'm now going in the opposite direction - needs to be changed or amended to Devonshire here I come!  :lol:  

Is it possible to alter that and if so how do I go about it.  I'm sure it's possible as some bods have added update to their threads (well, one person and I can't remember who!).  Heyyyelp!

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Is it possible to alter that and if so how do I go about it.  I'm sure it's possible as some bods have added update to their threads (well, one person and I can't remember who!).  Heyyyelp!

You can't seem to update posts any more unless you do it like 30 seconds after you've just posted it.

Going to be very annoying for updating any swap lists.

Hi Matt and Whizz Kids - I'm having an issue with the emoticons at the moment - click on symbol for the choice and the whole lot - including the message part - shoots up to the top of the screen, so then I have to scroll it back down before I can do the settings.  Any way of stopping the lift going down to the basement while the emoticons and message shoot up to the penthouse suite?

Not that I know of!

Just had to look those up - nothing done by me, last peeps do things to the laptop was OH's team when they set the laptop up for me when it was new.  It's a fairly recent issue - say the last 4 months or so.

Edited by Valkyrie
checked up and added a bit

Ah - I do have an extension for fund raising, but that has been on there for years and the emoticons had been working perfectly before - actually it was on there before the Omlet format changed.  Even when it did, the emoticons were fine.  It may have been when there were only 2 options instead of a long list that we have now.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, Valkyrie said:

Hi Matt and Whizz Kids - I'm having an issue with the emoticons at the moment - click on symbol for the choice and the whole lot - including the message part - shoots up to the top of the screen, so then I have to scroll it back down before I can do the settings.  Any way of stopping the lift going down to the basement while the emoticons and message shoot up to the penthouse suite?

I’ve seen that too recently when I tried to add more chicken emoticons to my signature on my iPhone X (latest ios) and my much older iPad (iOS 11) both using safari

Glad it isn't just me!  I'm pretty certain it started when the choices changed from default and converted to the multiple choice.  You are lulled into thinking all's well as the emojis are loading and then boom up they go.  It is a tad annoying - and it still does it.  In fact it's changed my "recently used" emojis to only 3 instead of the few across the little window, so it must have wiped that part at the same time as the emojis were changed.

Is anyone looking after newby questions like this?  Dianefairhall, I think you just hit reply like I have if it’s an existing topic.   But if you want to start a new topic, I THINK you decide which section you want to post in, then go to it, and there is a box at the top which says New Topic.  No idea how to search.  Cat Tails, help!  No one else seems to be around....

Edited by Patricia W