Luvachicken

Christmas swap 2019

5 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

Sorry about the delay, but have had problems with Polly and her black eye yesterday, so we were at the vets for rather a while :-(

Hopefully OH and me (as DD is still away) will send you your PM's later tonight, if not we will send them tomorrow 😊

No worries! As long as you hurry up a bit! 😉❤️

• Haha 2

1. Your favourite colour = green

2. Colour you dislike = brown

3. Do you have chickens? What? = pekins, faverolle, frizzles, light Sussex, 2 monsters and a brahma.

4.Favourite chicken breed = there are too many, but not keen on naked necks or those leggy ones.

5. Pets? = I wish

6. Any allergies? = husband, children, rain ;)

7. What crafts do you do = sewing, drawing, gardening, a bit of woodwork, fixer upper of sewing machines, would love to learn how to do corn dollies!

8. What can I make you? = anything you like my dears.

Terribly sorry everyone but my abilities are limited - unlike all those wonderfully crafty peeps on here and I've already begun my 'swaps'; as Magnus Magnusson so memorably said, I've started so I'll finish ;) Just hope that my limited offerings are acceptable and I'll just be awed by others abilities and happy with what the Omlet elves send ...in the true spirit of Christmas :dance:! Can't wait to see who is my swapee - OOOOOh, exciting!

1. Your favourite colour  Deep / bright colours esp blues, greens and purples

2. Colour you dislike  Pastels esp pink

3. Do you have chickens? What? Yes!!! Bantams - Wyandotte’s, Araucana, Campine, Plymouth Rock, Pekin, Dutch bantams

4.Favourite chicken breed - tricky - laced Wyandotte’s for looks pekins for personality

5. Pets? See above!! Plus 2 cats

6. Any allergies? Pollen

7. What crafts do you do  Crochet and baking

8. What can I make you? 😂 Something lovely!!

So a few questions for you all 😁

1. Your favourite colour -greens, teal/petrol, yellows, pink! But any colour will do!

2. Colour you dislike - ok fine... brown and orange-reds

3. Do you have chickens? What? - one New Hampshire bantam, one Dutch bantam and one giant Dutch bantam

4.Favourite chicken breed - still love the look of my New Hampshire, but adore the character of the small Dutchies

5. Pets? - do you have a pen and paper? Well, one and a half cat, 1 gerbil, 6 fishies, a millions water snails, and of course my three chickens!

6. Any allergies? - pollen... we need to castrate all trees...

7. What crafts do you do - crochet, technically I can knit, drawing and photography 

8. What can I make you? 😂 - a new house? Bigger garden? 😉

Thought I should answer, as I forgot last year...

1. Your favourite colour - most colours

2. Colour you dislike - black

3. Do you have chickens? What?  - Of course !!! 3 but could soon be down to 2 :-(

4.Favourite chicken breed - My beautiful little Pekins

5. Pets? - only my chickens

6. Any allergies? - cats (very) 

7. What crafts do you do - can only really do one thing really well, so can't say, or you'll guess what I've made

8. What can I make you? anything festive 😊

Swap details coming up......🎄

So a few questions for you all 😁

1. Your favourite colour - Hot Pink

2. Colour you dislike - beige Lol 

3. Do you have chickens? What? - Silkie x pekin, easter egger (kinda experiment?), bluebell, black rock, pekin, curvree, columbine, wheaten maran, arancauna 

4.Favourite chicken breed - mongrel - random X breeds like babs the Silkie X pekin and the easter egger experiment!  

5. Pets? - chickens, dog Rottwiller X and a horse Patches 

6. Any allergies? Nope 

7. What crafts do you do, Sewing, machine embroidery mainly but I bake also and will have a go at making most things! why buy something for £5 when you can make it with £20 of supplies lol  

8. What can I make you? 😂 surprise? something useful, or pretty go wild! 

Cheers x

Ok, hopefully everyone should have the details of who their swap person is 😊

If you could all send me your addresses on the PM that would be great.

Cat tails, as you know, I do have yours already - I tend to shred the others so don't have them year on year.

Also, could you let me know if I haven't sent you a PM please, just in case I lost anyone ?

Get busy everyone 🎄🎄🎄🎄

Forgot to ask for you to put whether you would like to be called your Omlet name or your proper name on your parcels ?

50 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

Cat tails, as you know, I do have yours already - I tend to shred the others so don't have them year on year.

Also, could you let me know if I haven't sent you a PM please, just in case I lost anyone ?

Get busy everyone 🎄🎄🎄🎄

Forgot to ask for you to put whether you would like to be called your Omlet name or your proper name on your parcels ?

proper names, and maybe just put 

Name 

Omlet 

Address 

so we know they are for the tree? 

13 hours ago, Plum said:

So a few questions for you all 😁

1. Your favourite colour - Duck egg blues/ sage greens

2. Colour you dislike - purple

3. Do you have chickens? What? 10 of the little blighters, 3 reds, 1 Sussex, 1 black, 2 bluebells and 3 bantam babies

4.Favourite chicken breed- pekins

5. Pets? Poppie cat

6. Any allergies? penicillin but not useful too my swap

7. What crafts do you do - all sorts 

8. What can I make you? 😂

Cheers x

Favourite colour.....blues and purples

Dislike....browns and yellows

Sadly no chickens any more :sad:

Love Light Sussex (we had 3 LS bantams)

Pets....2 hamsters

Allergic to penicillin too so nothing mouldy please :lol:

I'm not very crafty but like to decorate wood, stone etc and make my own soaps and some creams

Will be absolutley delighted with anything anyone chooses to make :dance:!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

Get busy everyone 🎄🎄🎄🎄

Now I feel special! 😊

I secretly already started something, but REALLY happy with my swappee as I think it is something fitting! Although I enjoy making something for ALL of you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and me ready to get making now.  Have actually begun. 

Love your answers fat lot of help :lol: but have any of you questions that could guide your choices?

Make me a corn dolly Valky :)  Mullehunter I'll make you something lovely.  I loved my wyandottes too so pretty.  Catstails how can a million water snails be pets, hope you have names for them all.  I'll let you work out how to castrate your trees. :o  Luvachick you can't have pekins as your favourites they are so squarky and yell all day.ok they look cute.  Hellis I'll be making you something in wild pink.  Ursula you can't dislike purple!  Please can you make me a quiet pekin.  Soapy your wood and stone craft sound interesting have you posted about them anywhere?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh bless you Plum, I don't think they are interesting enough to post about! I 'did' wood for last year (hope that's not giving too much away!) I seem unable to manage anything to do with a needle, thread or wool though and am in huge awe of those who can! I really love seeing pics of all the swaps...are we allowed to open them as soon as they arrive or must we wait until 25th? The temptation is massive and I have the breaking strain of a warm Mars bar :$

Wow they clean the tank don't they?  It looks really green and lush for your fish.

46 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

are we allowed to open them as soon as they arrive or must we wait until 25th? The temptation is massive and I have the breaking strain of a warm Mars bar :$

You can open them when you want but most of us wait until Christmas (or don't post pictures until Christmas :lol:).  Sometimes there are instructions to open them straight away :) 

And if you are tempted be warned - bubble wrap is plentiful in this house so no shaking rattling and rolling will work!:lol:  

Soapy - grateful for whatever comes my way - because it was made from the heart.  As I tell my two, make me something - worth much more than money can buy!  But they usually hit Amazon anyway. :roll:

I think my corn dolly would look like Groot!