Eggselent

Is it possible to rat proof?

Hello

Strange time of year to be chickening perhaps but we are finally ready to do our tiny back garden and part of that plan is to put in a fixed area for chooks.

where we are (seaside town, urban, etc) there’s plenty of rats about I’m sure. I don’t want to give them a chance to get a taste for chicken food and I’m wondering if anywhere sells rat proof runs or if it is possible to make them. The eglu runs aren’t. I’m unsure whether framebow/flyte so fancy would be. Or is there another option.....

still can’t decide what coop to go for (cube, framebow, flyte so fancy) but I guess that kind of hinges on the above.

thankyou for any help!!

It did a bit Patricia, I only have one and 9 birds as I wanted to be sure it worked before i invested in another.  However I let the feed run out in the trough I was also using and the feeder has been emptied a few times!

There are various video reviews on youtube which are useful.  Seems to be very good at stopping vermin...

Although I would be keen to hear from someone where it actually stopped a problem if there are any on this forum.  It was the wifes biggest hang up about chickens - the vermin their feed attracts, so I promised to take all the steps I could

Edited by DanTheChickenMan