DanTheChickenMan

Eggs During Pregnancy

I think the lion stamp ones are guaranteed not to have salmonella. Yours almost certainly haven’t but you couldn’t guarantee it. It’s common advice though - I don’t worry about anything like that, but I think if I was pregnant I would stick to the advice even if I didn’t think it strictly necessary - it’s not for long.

2 hours ago, mullethunter said:

I think the lion stamp ones are guaranteed not to have salmonella. Yours almost certainly haven’t but you couldn’t guarantee it. It’s common advice though - I don’t worry about anything like that, but I think if I was pregnant I would stick to the advice even if I didn’t think it strictly necessary - it’s not for long.

Agreed, having said that,there wasn't the same advice when I was pregnant 22 years ago, and I was happily eating Brie and soft eggs!

I'd agree with the milk certainly! As MH said, your girls should be fine but you may want to get the flock tested just to be on the safe side. Not sure how you go about this but others, wiser than me, on The Forum will know! Otherwise it's a shame for Mrs Dan and Baby Dan to miss out on those lovely nutritious eggs 🤤. 

Not gonna pretend to know anything about pregnancy :lol: but

If your chickens are hybrids they will likely have been vaccinated against salmonella testing? Commercially they stomp through sheds with boot covers on and send those for testing but with a small flock you can just send a fecal sample for testing.