Luvachicken

Thinking about the Christmas swap and what you might like to do ?

Usually, I post on here about the Christmas swap just near my Mum's birthday (on Sunday coming) but have done it a little bit earlier this time.

I was really hoping that things with Coronavirus might have changed for later in the year, but it seems that things are getting tricky again for us all.

I am more than happy to organise a swap again for Christmas, if you would like me to, but just wondered what you all think and if you would like it to go ahead or not.

Let me know your thoughts and then we can decide what to do 🎄

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Can you tell me more about what Christmas swap is please. Peter

I and Mr Luvachicken swap the names of those that enter and you make something crafty (or similar) to send to your recipient and someone will send you something for Christmas.

We all open our gifts we've been sent on Christmas Day.

I'm glad everyone is happy to do the swap - let's keep our fingers crossed that we can still all get to the Post Office and any crafty shops that we need to.

29 minutes ago, AndyRoo said:

I was thinking that this year I could possibly make Christmas themed soap this year! But I suspect SD may have beat me to it. Maybe I'll make some anyway and see how they turn out before offering them up to unsuspecting victims. lol

I'm still working on fixing fragrance Andy! You are far more creative with soap than I am so go for it....you can never have too much soap after all!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

AndyRoo, does that mean you are taking part too ?

So nice to see so many familiar faces 😊

It's a maybe. I'll have to see what I can come up with - but the thing that's probably easiest for me to do is soap. I'd offer to knit a scarf or something, but I'm not sure I'm going to have time because I knit so slowly! lol

• Like 1

I am not the world's fastest knitter either and my crochet skills are even slower :lol:

I usually do a cut off point for joining in so you have plenty of time to decide whether you want to take part or not - around end of October / beginning of November. This gives us around 6 weeks to make something and enough time to get it posted in time for Christmas.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 12:32 AM, Willow said:

I'd like to join in again, would be very happy to receive home made soap 😉

Then it sounds like the odds are probably in your favour! lol

I'm just been thinking about this. I may make a couple of different soaps: one that is chocolate orange scented, and another that is Christmas spice scented, so I guess it might end up smelling a little like mince pies.

16 minutes ago, AndyRoo said:

Then it sounds like the odds are probably in your favour! lol

I'm just been thinking about this. I may make a couple of different soaps: one that is chocolate orange scented, and another that is Christmas spice scented, so I guess it might end up smelling a little like mince pies.

Stop telling us what you’ll be making!!!! 😂

It’s a secret santa thing. So we all receive something and never get to know who made it, but just be eternally thankful!

• Confused 1

Just now, Cat tails said:

It’s a secret santa thing. So we all receive something and never get to know who made it, but just be eternally thankful!

Oh, poo! I forgot.

I'll put a rattlesnake in the box, so there'll be shock, if not surprise!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention it is a secret.

Probably because most of us know how it works.