moochoo

Winter's around the corner

Im in Duesseldorf and just had a text from OH. Its minus 2.7 at home!!! The egg port was frozen shut tonight and he had to defrost it to get the eggs out! :shock:

Roll on the snow!!! :D:D:D:D

:shock: Our Eglu is under the kids playhouse and next to the garage so is very sheltered. Thankfully I have never had that problem.

What is the weather like in Duesseldorf Christian? How the other half live :roll::wink:

Sunny and a little breezy here just now - just going out to give the wee ducks their swim (in the garage :lol: ).

I had a conversation (argument :roll: ) with OH last night about Winter - he says its already Winter and I say it's not till December.

December, January, February = Winter

March. April, May = Spring

June, July, August = Summer

September, October, November = Autumn

That's what I've always thought but he reckons it's to do with the clocks going back. The dictionary definition of Winter is 'the season between Autumn and Spring' :D

December, January, February = Winter

March. April, May = Spring

June, July, August = Summer

September, October, November = Autumn

Apart from this year :wink:

Jan,Feb,March - WINTER

April,May,June,July - SPRING

August,September,October - AUTUMN

Novermber,December - WINTER

Notice anything missing? :lol:

This is from the bedroom window looking right,over to next doors & the woods.Look at the power lines!

Copyof2007_02080003.jpg

And this is looking straight down the garden,Hen pen is on the left,there is a stream running all the way down this side.

If you can make out the pool, that has now gone & the new improved Octagonal hen pen will be going there.

Smallest daughter is making a snow hen on the patio :lol:

CopyofWinter2007.jpg

Did Chookiehubbie get home OK?

He did - it had snowed nearly all the way down the A1 from Edinburgh to home, but it was too wet and warm to lie. It's been freezing here again today. Just as long as it doesn't snow again before thursday, as I have my 20 week scan, and the hospital is 50 miles away over the hills!

Well the blackbirds must be feeling the approach of winter - every single apple I had left lying on the ground has vanished......... :shock: and on occasion I was counting upwards of 10 blackbirds down on the ground or in the shrubs in my garden....... The girls quite liked the apples too so I guess that every time I check my apple store if I find any apples developing bruises I'll put them out for the blackbirds instead of composting them! :D

I saw a sun dog on Monday when I was on the bus to work. 8) It was parallel to the sun.

Aren't they beautiful? I saw one on Monday morning too, alongside the sun and at a high altitude, but it didn't last for long :( - the work of fairy magic :wink:

I would say the work of a wonderful Creator God :D

We are all going through that virus too, I don't remember one like it before, some of us have had the tummy cramps and shivers and some have had a sore and croaky throat and all of us have been really tired :(

Me and Him Indoors have had this too.

Of course you will all understand that he was much much worse than me. :roll:

A fortnight later and I'm still all sinusy....the fatigue is lifting though at last.

Could do with some really cold weather. I'm convinced it kills off all the nasties.