moochoo

Missing Monty - UPDATE.

I've had a really worrying week so far. My lovely tabby tom cat, Monty has vanished and has been missing since Saturday afternoon. Normally I would not panic, cats do sometimes go AWOL but this one is such a home body and never goes too far from the house.

He's at least 13 years old but healthy and he's always been my favourite.

I've delivered flyers all over the area with his details and photo thinking he may be locked in a shed or garage but there's been no response :(

As I get closer to the weekend I'm wondering if I'll see him again?

Has anyone had any luck with missing cats that had been gone a while?

Edited by Guest

Oh dear Moochoo, I hope he turns up again :(

When my dog went missing, it was the flyers that worked - someone saw it and rang to say they knew who had taken him in. I also rang the local pet rescue, dog warden and police in case anyone reported a stray. They were very helpful.

I have had cats going awol on me for years sometimes they come back and sadly sometimes they don't :cry:

One I have now chips went off for 4 days a couple of years ago and then showed up again the day after I put up posters asking people to look in sheds etc so fingers crossed (((((hugs)))))

I've had cats vanish for a week before now and turn up 2 miles away so it can happen. the fact that he disappeared on a weekend makes me think, maybe he is locked in somewhere where it is only opened up at a weekend or maybe the person is away during the week. Its possible with the weather having been so cold and wet this week that if he was in a shed, "Ooops, word censored!"ody has been back to it since last weekend. I would tend to wait and see what happens this weekend - he may just appear ( fingers crossed for you............)

Our cat Squeak went missing for 4 days, we posted flyers but because she was only young and had not really gone out much, we didnt think there was much hope. She Stolled in one morning and looked at us as if to say "and where have you been for the past 4 days, I have been worried sick." :roll:.

I hope you find Monty :pray:

xx

flyers are always a good idea. Cinnamon lost her cat recently & he came back. Hope you see Monty very soon.

Thats right, Chilli was missing for 6 days,then turned up safe & well & starving hungry.

He has since been missing for 2 - 4 days at a time, once coming home with an injury to his leg which looked like he had been caught in a snare.

daft creatures - they are such a worry, aren't they?

I will keep my fingers crossed for good news for you :D

No, he's still missing. I was really positive about him turning up yesterday. I even bought a tin of his favourite food as a welcome home dinner but sadly he's still AWOL :(

I guess it's still early days, I hear stories about cats turning up after a month away from home. I'm trying to remain positive.

:( sorry he hasn't returned, but don't give up hope. One of mine had actually moved in with some neighbours, who thought he'd been abandoned - he came back after about two weeks, when I'd given up on ever seeing him again.

Fingers crossed that Monty will stroll in again soon.

I had a phone call this afternoon from a charity furniture shop 2 miles away from me to say they'd found Monty's body behind one of their sofas.

Poor old chap, at least he died somewhere warm and dry.

I had only really come to terms with the fact that he probably wouln't come home now, recently. At least now I know.

The man who phoned me said that the body was in quite a state and said he would he would take him to the local vets to incinerate. I did contemplate going to collect his body to bury at home but I thought seeing him after weeks of possible decomposition would be too upsetting.

I took him up on his kind offer.

So finally I can put him to rest, my lovely Monty.

Edited by Guest

I'm sorry to hear your sad news.

It's still a big shock to you, though.

Eleven years ago my lovely cat Jake was run over while I was at work. For some reason the postman took his collar off him & gave it to a neighbour who came round to tell us that night. We found out that evening that Jake's body had been taken to the local vets, & so we were able to bring him home the next day & bury him in our garden.

Here he is

2146813384_9c9a74fc81.jpg

(((hugs))) to you x