Obvious ways of Telling the Difference between Mk1 and Mk2?

Hi

The difference betweeen the mark 1 amd mark 2 are the roosting bars.

The mark 1 has(starting from the door)

4 small single roost bars

3 small roost bars joined togther

5 long roost bars joined togther

1 long single roost bar

The mark 2 has two sets of roost bars joined together.

There may be other differences but I have not seen a mark 2 in the flesh.

Hope that helps you.

Good luck :D

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Is it a 2nd hand eglu?

I think, and maybe somebody can correct me on the forum, that the Mark 2 is the model that came out in 2005.

If you have acces to the webside in the products section there are some "spare parts" that can be ordered for the eglu. There is a difference between the wooden roosts that they have put in. I have a new version a Mark 2 and the roost size seems to be slighty different. Apart from that I do not know if there is really a major difference.

Hope to have been of little help.

I am convinced you will love the eglu no matter which Mark it is. Keep us informed should you have bought it.

Regards

If the wooden slats inside are in just two parts it is a Mark2 - if the slats are one piece joined into a panel with the other slats all separate, it is a Mark 1

I don't think I've explained that very well :? Hopefully, someone with more brain cells will come along soon.

Another thing - on the Mark 2, the curved door comes right up next to the air holes. On the Mark 1, the door is smaller.

I think the ones below from Lesley's album (hope that's OK with you Lesley!) are Mark 1 - see how hte door is only half way up the side?

http://club.omlet.co.uk/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=Eglu_Towers

and this one is a Mark 2

http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/products_services.php?view=Chickens&about=foxproof%20run

Cheers!

Pen

I have noticed a couple of things with my mark 2 eglu and before I take pics and contact Omlet I wanted to see if this is usual. My eglu lid (complete cloured top) lifts up at the rear exposing about and inch gap and the eglu door has a gap at the side. It's more gappy than mark 1 and just wondered if this is right.

BBx

The mark II door is not meant to fit snug, it has been made to have a gap around the edge for extra ventilation from what I understand.

The top on the mark II does not have the piece on it that slots into the base to stop it sliding around, the mark I does. Its not quite as easy to fit back on as the mark I.

I have noticed a couple of things with my mark 2 eglu and before I take pics and contact Omlet I wanted to see if this is usual. My eglu lid (complete cloured top) lifts up at the rear exposing about and inch gap and the eglu door has a gap at the side. It's more gappy than mark 1 and just wondered if this is right.

BBx

I had those problems with my first mark II Buffie - the top just didn't fit, there was a yawning gap at the back, the eggport door was really loose and the sliding bar didn't go through far enough to get the pin in (even with two people, one pushing at each side). I spoke to James about it and he came to have a look, said that it must have been a rogue one as it obviously wasn't right (nothing fitted properly), and gave me a new Eglu as I had only had mine a couple of weeks.

mmmmm.....funny you should say that. This morning I came to do the weekly tray clean and it was flooded with water. It's never happened before, and I have no idea where it came from. We've had no rain for ages, so the only thing I can think of is defrosting frost/snow?

How it got into the tray though?

Ours is also a bit of a pain to get the sliding pin back in. I put it down to the fact that it was on uneven ground on the bark chippings. It did go back eventually after a bit of a tousle.

Thanks Clare :D I have the same problem and have told Johannes. The eggport is exactly like you described and slides all over the place. :shock:

BBx

That's exactly the same Buffie! It was impossible to get the gold pin in, even with Phil and I pushing at both sides of the Eglu, there just wasn't enough of the black bar showing through to put the pin in :roll: