Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Packing was OK - we packed up 50 boxes of books - about half of the total. A lot of stuff went into storage yesterday -and will be back on Saturday, along with the bits that went into storage a few weeks ago.

We decided to rip out all the fitted office cupboards and put the room back to a bedroom. We have a galleried mezzanine level above the lounge which we used as a sitting/library area. After one viewing we realised that not everyone loves this area as much as we do so it has now been changed to a study area.

I thought that the office would just need a quick coat of paint to tidy it up - wrong!! :?

Half the plaster fell off the walls - when I went up the ladder to fill the holes, I could see that the cracks in the ceiling needed filling. Now the ceiling needs painting as well. The skirting boards behind the cupboards are still painted cream whilst the rest of them had been painted white - so I need to paint them all white :roll:

Filled all the holes in yesterday - 4 of the larger ones need more filler today. Ran out of time as we had to sort out Farm Insurance - a bit different to insurance for house and contents, so that needed a trip to an NFU agent.

Today I was looking forward to the painting - washed my hair - and pulled a muscle down my neck and shoulder :roll: I'm just waiting for the painkillers to kick in so that I can get on with it. :evil:

Yesterday I had a phone call about the railway sleepers I ordered and this morning we had a phone call at 8.15 about the topsoil - both trying to deliver now - they are both arranged for Friday :roll: If I asked for them to be delivered now, it would probably be at least two weeks before they could fit us in :roll:

Electric fence is due today or tomorrow and 3 more chickens should arrive this week.

I'm glad we haven't ordered the pigs yet :D

So not much happening then Lesley :lol:

Gosh you sound like you are well and truly rushed off your feet. It's funny how all those things around the house you have ignored whilst living there yourself suddenly have to be done for someone else.

My move before last I was painting as the removal men were taking furniture out :shock: things that I had painted around instead of moving when I had moved in.

It sounds a very big job. You and Carl will be so pleased once you get there I am sure.

Hope the pulled muscle sorts itself out quickly as well.

8) Oh Lesley, this is such fun to read, but must be enormously draining for you two. Hope the muscle eases off quickly, but Lesley, what have I told you about ladders? The minute Carl isn't looking, you're off up one again, dodgy knees or not. What'll I do with you? :roll::lol:

I loved your book area, just my sort of place. But, I can see how an extra bedroom, & moving a study area, would impress most potential buyers. What hard work though.

I think it's amazing just how orgainised you are, thinking ahead about the farm stuff too. I'm so excited for you.

Only a couple of days! Don't forget to breathe & eat! :lol:

Clare - sorry, we haven't ordered the pigs yet :(

Sheila - I don't feel very organised - I feel as if we're lurching from one thing to the next. I do have a double page spreadsheet - on paper! (never trust computers :evil: )

I've done most of the painting - my neck and shoulder are no better - no worse either :roll: Two and a half walls were navy blue and the rest was cream - it was easier to change the cream walls to blue - I decided that whatever colour I painted it, someone would hate it so I did the easiest for me. I like it! :P

We sold 2 dozen eggs today and when we went to the bed shop on Saturday, the manager asked me about the farm and then asked about buying eggs. His son is autistic and they would like to buy anything that we grow or produce organically. He is also going to ask other parents at the school. That could just be the outlet I was looking for 8)

Best news today is that Carl has had good news of contracts which had been tendered for by our main client. This has been ongoing for 15 months - 15 months of being messed around - and bad news would have left a significant hole in our finances to the extent that we would have had to think about giving up the farm. You cannot imagine the extra stress that Carl has been under. He is a happy bunny tonight. He's taken a glass of beer and gone to talk to the ducks (he gets far more sense out of them than he does me - especially when I'm on here) I'm going to take my glass of water join him :D:D:D

3 More Sleeps! :D

Lesley, I expect you'll be packing away your computer today, so before you go I just want to say that I hope it all goes well and smoothly for you tomorrow. We're all envious of you but the reality may not be as rosy as we picture it and I'm sure you will have concerns and worries as well as the excitement. I hope your pleasure outweighs everything else! Thinking of you tomorrow! :):):):P

:D Yes, well said, Ginette, we'll all be thinking of you over the next few days, Lesley & Carl. Just report when you can, we're all so excited for you.

I've deliberately not been pm'ing you, as you must be far too busy to be snowed under with messages. But do send me one if it all gets too :evil::twisted: or :P:P or :? anything else really!

Would you like to borrow an out of work 23 yr old for a week or 2 for lots of manual work? (Please! :lol::wink: )

Wishing you & Carl all the very best, tons of love, xx

Lesley, just think how it's all worth the stress and hard work!

In a few weeks you'll be up to your knees in pig ****, with chicknes and ucks running about the place, and we'll all be soooooooooo jealous!

No Martin - 2 because we pick up the keys tomorrow but won't be moving until Frday and Saturday.

Are you all sure you're not bored with the mundane bits? :?

My PC will not be disconnected until Friday morning and I'll still be typing as Carl attempts to do so :lol:

All the insurance is now in place.

We have removed our dishwasher and given it to the current owners of the farm. They didn't want to rip the new kitchen apart so we swapped. Theirs was a fitted one - ours wasn't. We had a chat with them and we will be meeting them at the farm tomorrow at midday for hand over. Their solicitor has confirmed that all the money is there, so........... it is all happening! 8):D:D

Now we can get excited :D

Thank you all for your best wishes - I will be back after we pick up the keys - probably later evening before we get back though.