Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

They are lovely - a neighbour down the road has one, he is so lovely and very well trained - I go to see him for doggie cuddles.

My lurcher was very protective too - she was great for guarding Rosie's pram when she was out in the garden :D and used to growl menacingly at the door when someone rang the bell.

just need those goats...please get some goats i love them. Please...Please...Please! Oh and the jersey cow :D:D8)8)

I'll offer to donate a day helping you :D:D

BBx

No no, what Lesley really needs is some donkeys!!!! :D:D:D Imagine a little donkey cart to move stuff around in! How cool is that? 8)8)

I'd love a donkey Annie - but at the moment we're concentrating on productive animals. The puppy just slipped in but she will be classed as 'security' when she is a bit older :wink:

And no! - donkey poo does not count as productive :roll:

...hee hee hee...

Yes, loyal, yes beautiful, yes good guard dog.....

MUDDY!!!!

Staunters off singing

' Just you wait, Carl and Lesley, just you wait.

You'll be sorry but you're tears'll be too late...'

in bad cock-er-ney accesnt.

:shock: - am I that scary? :lol:

Don't know about a wage Clare - but I'm sure she'd be tax deductible :lol::lol:

Yes, we have names - two. As we will probably let her have a litter of pups and then keep a "Ooops, word censored!" from that litter, we will have a name for each.

This one will be called Jazz 8)

:shock: - am I that scary? :lol:

Yes! :lol::wink:

Yes, we have names - two. As we will probably let her have a litter of pups and then keep a "Ooops, word censored!" from that litter, we will have a name for each.

This one will be called Jazz 8)

That's a great name, I like it! What another good plan, too.

Sheep are a nightmare!

We had an adopted flock of 40 come to live with us here when we first moved in, to tame all the grass. They had only two ambitions in life:

1: to escape,

2. to die!

We had them spilling out through the most amazing gaps, heads getting stuck etc.

They die if they fall over onto their backs, as they cannot get up again.

They need their hooves paring, their coats shearing, their bottoms clipping, they suffer from lice, ticks, blowfly, coughs, colds. They go lame at the drop of a hat.

They attract flies like no other and die almost instantaneously if exposed to any illness.

We were SO relieved to see them go after their 6 weeks stay with us.

I take my hat off to any sheep owners out there. High maintenance animals!!

Now Alpacas........ :wink::roll:

:shock::shock: Oh that's the pet sheep out the window then (sorry not literally but the one I have always wanted) saw a lovely 'molly lamb' (name for a pet sheep :wink: ) when we went to scotland, just 2 living happily with some hens, surely 1 or 2 can be kept ok and safe form suicide attempts. :? I would clean them so vigorously (not with a polti! :roll: ) no tick or lice would survive.... :wink::wink:

BBx

The lady who suppliedour pigs said just the same about sheep - their main ambition in life is to die :roll: - how about a donkey rescue then?

I'm always rescuing sheep when we're out on our travels - we come across them strung across the road and they need to be herded back and made safe :roll: I never cease to be amazed how gorgeous, cuddly, clever little lambs can grow up into such dumb creatures :roll:

Lesley,do you have any Goats?

I love goats,& they are supposed to be nice animals to keep :P

There is a goat farm near us which sells the meat,which is apparantly the next big thing & very delicious

I have eaten goat stew on holiday & it was really nice...... :P

Sheep are a nightmare!

We had an adopted flock of 40 come to live with us here when we first moved in, to tame all the grass. They had only two ambitions in life:

1: to escape,

2. to die!

Are you sure they weren't lemmings Annie :lol::wink:

Oh go on Lesley - get a pair of goats (not sure what the collective name for goats is?!?) They are gorgoues!

:lol::lol: I didn't know you could sing, Helen! :lol: I can just imagine you & Shona in the bar.

But, I can't imagine Lesley's black lab. daring to go in a muddy puddle. Just one look... :shock::shock: ...& it'll stop in it's tracks! :lol::wink:

Oh believe me, I can, very loud - just not very well!! :wink: