chelsea

worried - vet thinks dog has mammary tumour *UPDATE

im still :twisted:

Thank goodness she has come out of the operation but they only started operating at about 2.30pm :shock: which means she's been in the cage getting stressed since 9am. :twisted:

Silly nurse rang me at 12 to say she hadnt been operated on but she was "happy" - I replied "she isnt happy as she's been stuck in a cage un-neccesarily (sp!) since this morning". :roll:

Vet has just rung (i made hubby answer it as otherwise I would have gone to town). She's had blood tests - all ok :pray: they have removed the lump and her nipple and also taken a biopsy of what they call ulcerated skin .....god knows what the bill is going to be.

Im not moaning about the money (I would pay anything) but I feel when they know you have insurance the vets go a bit OTT with the treatment, the annoying thing is that WE HAVE TO PAY the bill and then claim it back - why cant the vet claim direct from the insurer?? :evil:

Sorry to go on a bit, the vet has really annoyed me today - and dare they charge me anything for homing her at the vets today......I think i will blow my top.

Just read what a horrid day you've had hun :( I bet you are so relieved to have her back home after all that. At least that's out of the way now and fingers crossed it will all be good news when the results come back.

Keeping everything crossed for you and Bracken :pray:

Big Hugs xx

How is Bracken today Chelsea? Is she nearly back to her usual self yet? :D

Oh yes Em, thanks for asking! She is currently sleeping on her back on the sofa with her legs in the air (which is normal ! :lol: )

She has a big lot of stitches (she definitely wont be able to wear her bikini again :wink: ). She's got to go back this friday for a check up and results and next friday for the stitches out. Im just so relieved she made it through the op.

Glad your dog is on the mend, we had a cat who had a growth on one of her mammary glands which the vet removed, we didn't have it tested because we felt that we didn't really want to know and the vet said that even if it had been cancerous old age would probably get her first. She recovered really well from the op and went on to have a good old age

Thanks Liz. :)

We had the results last friday, it was cancerous but vet never mentioned anything else (i.e if likely to come back or any further treatment) so if he isnt worried then neither will I, I think we caught it in time.

She has her stitches out this friday and from now on i will keep checking for lumps :roll:

Im so :twisted::twisted::twisted:

dog was booked in for 9.20 am for operation. Hubby takes her down the vets early at 0845 (as vet said the earlier we bring her the better).

Obviously im very very anxious and I told hubby to ask them to ring me as soon as she comes around (so I can relax). Receptionist said it "will be at least early afternoon before we ring you as we have a big orthapaedic operation first"......

Now my poor dog is sat in a cage, in a strange place, probably getting stressed out because she doesnt know where she is....which isnt very good before an operation. And she could be sat there for hours before they even operate.

Why did they "book" her in at 9.20 and then make her wait? :twisted: I couldnt get her in yesterday because it was full. I think they should operate on her 1st and then do the orthapaedic one after. :roll:

Im beside myself. :cry:

I work in a vets-

We bring in the operations in the morning and give them a pre-medication like you would in the hospital and they relax in the kennels in the warm and cosy and they are fine - the orthopaedic one is always done first as its technically a "clean" operation and the lumps and bumps next and then the worst of all the dentals as they are the dirty ones and last the dematts as they are even worse with dander flying about. So anyone with a pet please note that they are really fine all morning and relax and snooze so when we give them the general anaesthetic they are quite relaxed and not stressed at all. Hope no-one has to go through this though its not nice. Glad she is doing well though and keep looking as you know what to check for.