I would make your own, the Cube bars aren't exactly bombproof! :roll:

In fact the are just about sneezeproof! :evil:

I am yet to hear of a Cube owner who is happy with the build quality of them, they just fall apart too easily.

I don't mean to be negative but it is true. I think Omlet need to look at these and consider using screws instead of weedy staples and Pritt Stick.

Kev.

2 of mine wern't even attached when I unpacked them.

Things went from bad to worse - with me getting double annoyed as more fell off.

Then I chucked them on the ground in a fury....

2131068002_cb62f0b7bc.jpg

I'm the one who can shake them apart with a stern glance. I attacked them with the hammer and some nails about two months ago, which made them a little better, but I can't get the ruddy things clean. Am tempted to give up on this set, buy a new one, plastidip the things and screw them together from the outset.

Mine had fallen apart in the box before it arrived - they're all screwed together now and stay in one piece, but now that they're so rigid it's hard to get them out for cleaning :roll: . I jetwash them every couple of weeks and they clean up lovely.

Rosemary, if I was you I'd just make my own, or I saw someone had used one of the wooden shoeracks from Ikea - I thought that was a good idea.

Oh I, forgot to answer you original question, sorry :oops:

The Cube bars measure 840mm x 640mm.

Hope this helps.

Kev.

Hi I like the eglue cube style house, but not the price! So I am building my own to the "style" of the cube.

I have a couple of quitions about the bars.

Can someone confirm the total area the bars cover?

What are the dimensions of the individual bars? And what are their spacing?

Also I guess while you have your tape out, please could you measure the following.

hen door size?

Size of hole into nest box?

Thanks

Andy is going to build me some bars as soon as the cube arrives - we are not even going to bother putting the Omlet ones in :roll:

The ones he has made me for the eglus have been fab :D. They have lasted and lasted and lasted.

BTW hello again V8 - welcome from P P! Hope your hen house plans are coming together well :)

Edited by Guest

Yes I think something has changed too - got 2 sets of roosting bars for the eglu through last week and both sets are rock solid, and staples are all fully embedded - I tried to dismantle so I could nail/screw them together but I couldn't get even 1mm of movement from any of the bars :roll::oops:

Hi I like the eglue cube style house, but not the price! So I am building my own to the "style" of the cube.

Blimey! :shock: How clever! 8)

Will you show us some pictures when you have finished? :lol:

This is my build so far. I have still to cut holes for the hens door, pluss side acces to nest boxes.

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg