Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

We've got half a freezer spare, so hopefully, just one more will do.

I think we'll have to leave the trailer in the barn and feed them in it to get them used to it. The lights still don't work since the pigs ate the fuse box :roll:

Carl was kicked on the thigh - very technicoloured :?

We should never have said 'yes' to them Snowy - we only went to buy a new hen :roll:

....and the sheep Snowy :?

We went to see a different lady - Claret told us about her ( :evil::wink: ) - and we cam back with the broody hen we intended to pick up..... another broody bantam who was about 100 years old......... and had promised to buy her six Shetland sheep as they were downsizing :roll: Two of the sheep are ancient as well :roll:

I dreamt that he showed Claret his bruises - only he was a bit too revealing :lol: I think he'd better stick to showing her his grubby feet :lol:

Oh, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Lesley! :shock:

:wink:

It was quite funny to see you shocked! :lol: - I can still picture your face :lol:

Carl was a bit shocked when I told him this morning as well :lol:

Glad to hear the cows past their test. Just gotto get them to the abbatoir now. I was thinking about thatthe other day, given the problems with gettingthem into the crush I hope you can get them into the trailer ok. They had better be the best tasting beef every after all the fuss they've caused :shock:

I dreamt that he showed Claret his bruises - only he was a bit too revealing :lol: I think he'd better stick to showing her his grubby feet :lol:

Oh, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Lesley! :shock:

:wink:

It was quite funny to see you shocked! :lol: - I can still picture your face :lol:

Carl was a bit shocked when I told him this morning as well :lol:

:lol::lol: Takes more than that to shock me Dear! Seen one...... :wink:

Poor Carl has already had a face full of my bum from that time that he had to hike me over the 6' fence out of the cow barn!!! I feel he must know me quite intimately now :?:roll:

:lol::lol:

Most definitely would!!

These are Dexters (long-legged, not short) We bought them at 11 months old. They are often recommended as good for smallholders.............what they mean is that as they are a small breed, they make less impact on the land :? Ours were not polled either - they are horned and very scary!

They are not the friendliest cow around and are very highly strung. If you had one at a very young age and hand fed it and trained it to be used to a halter then you would probably have less problems.