Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

Just personal choice Martin - we wanted the Master Gris and the brown Coloryield - just as a change from white ones.

Why not ask him for a mix? - and please find out where he delivers to in Stratford........ it may be nearer for us to go in a few weeks time when we willl have some Master Gris.

They only grow enormous when you let them grow for months and months :oops: We're not going to be doing that any more - my 'turkey pluckers' elbow is still very sore :? We're aiming for a live weight of 3kg - dressed weight of 2kg.

....... Clare, you'll just have to have 2 for Christmas this year! :lol:

I think they might have trouble getting through the eglu/rablu door when they are bigger Martin.. check with Lesley though.

I don't really want them to be ginormous monstrosities (spellings?), as soon as they are a good size they shall be eaten. :)

Thanks for the information Bronze and Lesley. I will wait for him to pm on Practical Poultry forum but I am pretty sure he did say that he could deliver to Stratford Upon Avon. I'll just check though.

Martin

They are growing wing feathers already - they'll soon be gawky teenagers :roll::wink:

We had a nightmare with a burst pipe today - in one of the outbuildings.

Luckily we had post today - last week we only had post on Tuesday :evil: - the postman told me there was water everywhere, 10 feet high. I had to put waterproofs on and try to reach the tap through a torrent of freezing (almost) cold water. I armed myself with a dustbin lid but had to give that up as I needed both hands :shock:

I couldn't turn the tap - couldn't get hold of my son - and had to call Carl back from work. It took two of us to sort it out. The bathroom looks like a Chinese Laundry - full of dripping waterproofs and wet trousers. The outbuilding is now full of saoking wet junk as we were using it as a dumping ground before we sorted everything out :( Luckily, it wasn't the outbuilding where the little chicks are housed - although the pipes are frozen in there as well :?

I'm still trying to get warm :?

Yes, I was warm eventually! - by about 10pm! :lol:

The bodged repair was wrapped in bubble wrap and is still OK so far today - just waiting for a slight thaw so that we can see if we have any other disasters.

Getting all the outside water pipes underground is this year's big project.

We lost a sheep tonight :( She was fine at 3pm when I went out to collect the eggs..... and dead at 5.30 when Carl went to check on them :(

She was one of the younger ones and the only one we know had been tupped, we were hoping to have her lamb/s if no others :( When Carl called me, I was hoping it would be one of the old ones.......

She will be collected tomorrow - hope it's nothing serious :?

We've always been told that sheep have only one ambition in life.... and that is to die :?