Just wanted to say having visited Hillfamily's glorious garden on Monday and played with the divine Lilac Cube I am quite put off the run! I know this has been said before but the Oompah-Loompah door is a nonsense, and at that price I am not going to spend time/money modifying it myself.

Sorry Omlet but you mucked up there!

Has anyone from Omlet ever crawled on their belly into the Cube run and found out what it is like?

And shouldn't they make access easier for the sake of slightly disabled people? I know they can't make it suitable for a wheelchair, but how could anyone with bad knees crawl in?

they just don't think it's important.

That really does say it all, especially after the leaking cube debacle :evil:

The door could so easily be modified, we are lucky at the moment as we have a Harry or a Jules that can get in

I have to say, I debated whether to get a cube, but opted for an eglu and thought I will give it two weeks, if I find a nice second hand one so be it, if not I will buy it from omlet themselves.. and I was lucky my orange eglu came up.. :D

But.. this whole leaking thing really put me off the cube.. I knew I only wanted three hens max, so the eglu would be fine, it was just the extra space the girls would have.. so we've opted to build a larger enclosed run for the eglu to stand in on it's own, rather than shell out nearly £700 on something that leaks and has problems, that should have really been ironed out and tested before it was sold... sorry thats just how I feel.. and glad I went with the option I have. :D

I have to admit though, I didn't think hubby was building the run quite so soon... me thinks he has hen love :shock::)

Just wanted to say having visited Hillfamily's glorious garden on Monday and played with the divine Lilac Cube I am quite put off the run! I know this has been said before but the Oompah-Loompah door is a nonsense, and at that price I am not going to spend time/money modifying it myself.

Sorry Omlet but you mucked up there!

Thank You :wink::D:D

I've ended up making a larger door in the side of the run - it's not huge but I can get in and out of the run in a vaguely upright position which makes cleaning the run much easier :D

I used to just remove the entire end section of the run. It was a bit of a faff but easier than the keyhole surgery technique :lol::lol:

I have since built a walk in run but still use the cube run as well.

I don't intend to put down any hemcore in that part of the run, so that I can simply disconnect the cube and wheel it out of the way to power wash the flagstones.

I think a useful modification to the run would be to make it quick and easy to disconnect it from the Cube. It wouldn't be difficult or expensive to do either.

Kev.

Has anyone from Omlet ever crawled on their belly into the Cube run and found out what it is like?

And shouldn't they make access easier for the sake of slightly disabled people? I know they can't make it suitable for a wheelchair, but how could anyone with bad knees crawl in?

This is what I was saying to James nearly 4 years ago when we bought our first Eglu - I can't kneel down or even crouch down, since having a knee injury.

As most people I've seen at Omlet HQ are perfectly capable of crawling into the run then they must obviously assume that we can all do it.

As I've just said in another thread - all our Eglus now open into a covered run with full height doors.

If they are going to crawl through the door make sure tha run has been well used first so that they get the 'full poo-streaked clothing' effect :vom: It wouldn't be realistic without it!

Also, they are not allowing for the many shapes of the omleteers in the real world... some of us definately aren't a supermodel size 6 or have baby bumps the size and shape of very large watermelons....