Jules.

I wonder if there are any celebrity forum members?

The forum member with the name "Timhenman " ( which I think is great) got me wondering if there are any famous people who are members of this forum hiding under forum names?

I know I'll never find out, as that info is private & should stay that way, but I just wondered...... :D

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'celebrity.'

Claret was recently in the paper, several members have been on the radio, I can remember a fabulous story about a runaway hen being followed closely by the local radio. I've appeared on national Television and was seen by millions. :D

However it was Songs Of Praise :oops:

I was once on 'Wish you were Here' walking through a park in Liverpool with my Mum and Dad and a boy that we didn't know. The producers thought that we didn't look like a proper family (I'm an only child) so they asked a stray boy to walk with us.

Also been on Beach radio to advertise the fact that my chicken had run away from home (they renamed the station chicken fm for the day!). Then I was in the local papers when she came home.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, I once played the stable wall and roof in my school's nativity.

I wondered the same thing actually, as quite a few celebs seem to have an eglu! If there are any here I hope you're having a lovely anonymous time. I'd hate to be famous personally. It was bad enough when I lived down the road from the primary school I taught at. I couldn't go out the front door without being recognised :lol:

I was on the One Show when my eglu was delivered - all 30 seconds which took 5 hours to film!!! :roll:

:lol: I remember that, and they came here afterwards, and had to do all the outside filming with the chickens and children before it went dark :lol:

The film crew were starving, and seemed to enjoy my daughters home made biscuits :lol:

Karen x

I was on the One Show when my eglu was delivered - all 30 seconds which took 5 hours to film!!! :roll:

:lol: I remember that, and they came here afterwards, and had to do all the outside filming with the chickens and children before it went dark :lol:

The film crew were starving, and seemed to enjoy my daughters home made biscuits :lol:

Karen x

YEs - they wouldtn have anything to eat or drink here as they didnt want to contaminate themselves for the chicken "farm" they went to later and Rajesh Mirchandani fell asleep on my sofa :roll::roll:

:D nice thread... maybe we should start watching what comments we make about celebrities, just in case they are lurking... which is always possible :D wouldn't want to make them :evil: or :oops:

I wouldn't like to be famous either... I remember when I was a teenager (pre-historical times if I believe my daughter), people used to talk like fame was a sign of success... while it might be in some aspects, I'm sure it's also a pain in the b***

I was in the paper once, for winning a writing competition, years ago... couldn't believe how many people who know me came to me afterwards saying 'saw you in the paper'.... I never listen to the news or read the paper, so it was a shock to see how many people had seen the article... it was in a local paper and even a friend in London said, months later, 'saw you in the paper a while back'... really made me go :oops::oops: ... I'm a shy person!! Couldn't help thinking, don't people have anything else to do than read the papers??? :P

I've been on....

Blue Peter

Songs of Praise

Royal Variety Performance

Various news programmes

The Six O Clock show

Whats that Noise?

Challenge Anneka

Good Morning Britain

The Lord Mayors show

and a few others I can't even remember! I played in a marching band for a number of years (and there was this one time, at band camp....)

. So I'm not that famous really!

Oh and theres something else in the pipeline, but I don't want to say until it's confirmed.

Ooh can I have my claim to fame! 8)

I was on the first ever episode of BBC's"Who's House" a kind of public version when I was about 8. Anna Ryder Richardson came to the house and she liked my room :D , and I met Lesley Waters.

Then I was on Children In Need 3 years in a row in Birmingham.

I was in The Time's "Funday Times" and I won a Gameboy Advance SP.

Errr, what else :lol:

Ooh and me and my friend were on the news skiing at teh Snowdome during the heatwave. 8)8)

Aren't I cool! :P:wink:

We all are celebrities at times whether by choice or not.

The reason is that you could be filmed in a crowd at a sporting event, at a show for hens or other animals or if you have a special hobby you could end up on TV.

Before we were married, Ian was a hot air balloonist and has appeared on several children's TV programmes and live broadcasts from the Bristol Fiesta, Children In Need and other events.

I has looked after several children for the Saudi Arabia Royal Families, been with them to very special events in various part of the world.

But now we are both happily married with 2 special children,2 boxer dogs(girls), 5 hens and 3 ducklings and feel the celebrities are all around us.

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie Dogs ( girls)

5 ex battery hens GNR

3 SAS ducklings (duck)(white duck) ...... you try catching them sending Ian on a SAS course!! lol

(purple eglu)(cube purple)

Oooh I wonder if there are any!

I've been in a film 24/7 by Shane Meadows a b&w film about boxing w Bob Hoskins. I was in a sucessful(ish) Ska band that "Ooops, word censored!"ody has ever heard of lol unless you're into scooters - we were the national scooter clubs mascot band :shock:. I'm locally known as the woman who chased an introuder out of her house with a big pair of pink scissors :oops:

Well I'm on television everyday :shock::shock::shock: - watched by thousands everyday :shock::shock::shock: - I get recognised by many people as 'the girl on the telly' - sounds good doesn't it - unfortunately it isn't :( I am the voice and face for a large Liverpool hospital on their patient televisions explaining and advising how the Trust goes about discharging patients and how we as a Trust along with patients and relatives can make that process smoother.

I ended up as a patient in the neuro hospital next door and they have the same system. The patient in the bed next to me was a lovely girl with learning difficulties and could talk for Britain!!!! I asked her nicely one day that I was really tired and why didn't she watch a little television whilst I had a snooze. She agreed but just as I dozed off she shrieked at me 'there's a lady on the telly whose just like you but your prettier' - I found that hard to believe as I was only 24 hours post op from having a brain tumour removed, two black eyes and a hairstyle which wouldn't have looked out of place on Wurzel Gummedge :lol::lol::lol: - maybe I looked really bad on the telly :shock::shock::shock: I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was me but she told everyone on the ward and I mean everyone!!! - the staff knew it was me and just wound her up more!!!!!