AJuff Posted September 2, 2008 Share Posted September 2, 2008 Fabulous idea. Please add me to the list . . . I can think of all sorts to make!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Marple Posted September 7, 2008 Share Posted September 7, 2008 Secret Santa!!! I'll have a go. Whoever gets mine must remember tis the thought that counts. Add me. I'd better get thinking. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted September 8, 2008 Author Share Posted September 8, 2008 righty ho. added cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted September 8, 2008 Share Posted September 8, 2008 Fab Idea add me too please Errm now what can I make Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daisy & Hattie Posted September 12, 2008 Share Posted September 12, 2008 I'd like to join to please. Don't know what I'm going to make yet though. Grace X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted September 13, 2008 Share Posted September 13, 2008 Couperwife, What a huge job you have on your hands!!!!!!!!! If you need a hand wrapping/posting/organising then I can come over to yours one weekend and help out. You live near my brother and I pop over to see him quite regularly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted September 13, 2008 Author Share Posted September 13, 2008 thanks for the offer. im hoping that everyone will do it for me - so I give addresses to people and people just send them direct from home to receiver - does that make sense? but of anyone wants me to organise, I will do... cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted September 13, 2008 Share Posted September 13, 2008 *Puts hand up* Can I join in too, please? I'll have to get "Chicken Knitting" going again (Grandma) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eeyoreshunny Posted September 13, 2008 Share Posted September 13, 2008 oooo can i join in too please Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted September 13, 2008 Author Share Posted September 13, 2008 oh course you can everyone is welcome (even from different countries - omlet is spreading far and wide isnt it ) cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fizzle Knit Posted September 13, 2008 Share Posted September 13, 2008 Can I join in please? Does it have to be chicken-related? Do we make something then find out in Decemebr who to send to? (I think maybe that's best because then you're not thinking "I have to make something for XXX, and I have no idea what she or he likes?" Much easier perhaps just to make a gift with no particular recipient in mind) Helen - I think your cards are lovely and very acceptable as a gift. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted September 13, 2008 Author Share Posted September 13, 2008 yes, of course you can join in no it doesnt have to be chicken related just something that you think someone might want to receive and hand made (in some way shape of form) yes, you find out who to send it to in December (hopefully by the beginning of December, so everyone has time to get it in the post) the more the merrier cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted September 13, 2008 Share Posted September 13, 2008 On the creative living forum they also do a secret santa and they get everyone who takes part to write next to their name some of the things they like, eg, chickens, turquoise, purple, crocs, hippy flowers. Then it helps out the person who has to make a gift for them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fizzle Knit Posted September 14, 2008 Share Posted September 14, 2008 Just a thought - could this thread be referenced on the Nesting Box thread as there may be people who will miss it here? I only found it by chance looking for knitted hen patterns. There may be others who would like to get involved but don't look on the crafty thread. I'm happy to post a message myself but don't want to step on any toes (hens or humans!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 1, 2008 Share Posted October 1, 2008 Please can I join in too? Was thinking similar to Fizzle Knit, as I've just wandered on here & discovered you all planning crafty "doings". Am at present (sorry lousy pun ) knitting dishcloths for my hampers - would one of those be ok, or I make jewellery & cards too. Last year I knitted cowl scarves whihc are great when out in the wind or with dogs & chooks as they have no ends to come loose! Sha xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 2, 2008 Share Posted October 2, 2008 well personally speaking, I'd be very happy to get a knitted dishcloth! I still don't know what I'll do ... I think the interesting bit here is going to be the variety of things people send! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helly Welly Posted October 3, 2008 Share Posted October 3, 2008 I occasionally make earrings so it would be nice to know if the potential recipient had pierced ears or not. Knitted dishcloths are no problem, i've still got loads of cotton left from when i last made some. It might be good to know if people ad children or not as well, as i would be happy to receive something that was a childrens toy instead of for me. It's kind of a shared secret santa then. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted October 4, 2008 Author Share Posted October 4, 2008 numbers are adding up if anyone wants to join in and ive missed the message - just shout im not missing people on purpose its getting exciting - all the super things that people want to make I would be happy to receive any of the gifts mentioned, its the fact that someone has actually made it that makes it great happy making cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted October 4, 2008 Share Posted October 4, 2008 I think it would be a good idea to get everyone to write things they like/a little bit of info about them, this will help as people are then more likely to get something they'd want. Also maybe write what they dislike too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted October 4, 2008 Author Share Posted October 4, 2008 the only problem with that is that no-one will know who they are making for until I give them the address of the person that they are sending to. by then it may be too late, cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 4, 2008 Share Posted October 4, 2008 We all enjoy craft and will enjoy having something someone has made. It doesnt matter what it is, its the idea of creating and sharing across the miles. It will be a lot of work if you have to sort out preferences. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fizzle Knit Posted October 5, 2008 Share Posted October 5, 2008 We all enjoy craft and will enjoy having something someone has made. It doesnt matter what it is, its the idea of creating and sharing across the miles.It will be a lot of work if you have to sort out preferences. I agree - I'd be absolutely delighted to receive something that someone has gone to the trouble of making themselves. Also, I'd rather NOT know who I'm making for before I make it as then I'd only start worrying if that particular item was right for that particular person, and go through all their old threads in the hope of picking up clues! I'm actually in the process of making my gift now not saying what it is Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted October 5, 2008 Share Posted October 5, 2008 Not really-get it sorted my about Mid-november and then send out reminders maybe? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redhotchick Posted October 17, 2008 Share Posted October 17, 2008 Can you add me to the list too please! What a lovely excuse to get round to making something. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
oniondog Posted October 21, 2008 Share Posted October 21, 2008 I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Am I too late to join? More knitting, I'm afraid! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...