Egluntyne Posted July 9, 2010 Share Posted July 9, 2010 Oh no Lesley. I can totally sympathise. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 9, 2010 Author Share Posted July 9, 2010 I thought working through it carefully would work - I don't like keeping still Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted July 10, 2010 Share Posted July 10, 2010 Hope your back pain eases soon Lesley. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted July 10, 2010 Share Posted July 10, 2010 Ouch, hope it soon eases up. Those photos are fabulous - I've read such a lot about your place, it's good to see what it looks like, and you and Carl must work like Trojans to produce all that. I know it's hard work, but you are living the dream for a lot of people! I know that you've also achieved all this while Carl has had a full-time job, and you have spent a lot of time helping to bring up your grandchildren. I'm embarrassed to sit here looking at my untidy garden, if I put in a third of the work you do, it would look much better. Oh - the one thing missing - where are the pictures of chickens? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
henriette Posted July 10, 2010 Share Posted July 10, 2010 What a nuisance for you and at such a busy time Have you tried Boswellia? Plant remedy anti-inflamatory which really works. Need a couple of days for it to get going, but it is really effective. Failing that, if you are near a homeopathic friendly chemist or a homeopathic shop, Willow and Figwort will do the trick for a fairly quick fix. Tastes absolutely revolting. Loved one had a really bad set back with his joints and the chemist gave him a bottle and it had amazing results. Hope you manage a good weekend anyway Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 10, 2010 Author Share Posted July 10, 2010 I've not heard of Willow and Figwort, I'll have to have a look around. I had a reasonable night and was careful once I'd managed to get out of bed. It has gradually eased through the day as long as I don't do much.......or sit for too long. I'm trying to move around every hour and do something useful like shelling peas (which Carl picked) and packing raspberries for the freezer. I've walked over to see the bees and I've cleaned the utility room sink The bed still isn'r made and all the toilet seat lids are up as I can now manage to get there on my own but can't lift the lid We have a beekeeper coming later to go through the bees with us, I might manage the smoker but that will be all today. Then we have a birthday party at Pizzahut this evening.....I'll make a decision later. No photos of hens - how remiss of me.....I'm sure I can manage the camera on my next potter around.........I'll be grumpy though because one of my jobs for the weekend was to move some more rocks into the ducks area which is being re-designed Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted July 10, 2010 Share Posted July 10, 2010 Poor you Lesley. I hope your back eases up soon, how annoying when the weather is so lovely. All the fruit sounds good! Fresh raspberries smell lovely don't they. I managed to forage some from the top of my road as the house on the corner had a beautiful garden and the latest owners put up a fence and have let things get in a mess-as a result there are raspberries tumbling over the pavement all going to waste. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 10, 2010 Author Share Posted July 10, 2010 What a find! - raspberries are my favourite! Our garden smells like a jam factory - all this sun on ripe fruit!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 10, 2010 Author Share Posted July 10, 2010 Hens.......and cockerels.... Ducks..... Cows.... Piggies wallow........ Lottie plot.... Sheep....and in the foreground, the next plot to be, covered in black silage sheet. Two hot dogs... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted July 10, 2010 Share Posted July 10, 2010 Wow Lesley, you have both been really busy. The area area the polygreenhouse wasn't fenced last time I visited! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 10, 2010 Author Share Posted July 10, 2010 Yes, it's cat-proof and sheep-proof now - we just need to take the chainsaw to the pots to tidy it up. We can let the sheep into that middle bit to keep the grass down now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
henriette Posted July 11, 2010 Share Posted July 11, 2010 It's all great, but I have to say, the piggies bowl me over How's the back today? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 11, 2010 Share Posted July 11, 2010 They are lovely piggles, and especially like their heads being scratched Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted July 12, 2010 Share Posted July 12, 2010 Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your back It is so frustrating when that happens, hope it has eased a bit over the weekend. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 13, 2010 Author Share Posted July 13, 2010 My back is a lot better thanks - I do a very good impression of Mrs. O when I first stand up.........."Soup??" Once I'm up and moving it's not too bad now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
henriette Posted July 14, 2010 Share Posted July 14, 2010 Thank goodness for that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted July 14, 2010 Share Posted July 14, 2010 Glad to hear it, I did try not to giggle at your description. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 14, 2010 Author Share Posted July 14, 2010 Don't worry - I've got used to Carl saying "Soup?" every time I shuffle until I can stand upright I went to water in the polytunnel a while ago and ended up tying in the tomatoes again - very carefully....and I'm still OK I also planted out all the Italian 'Yard Long Beans' - I was desperate to get them in. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted July 14, 2010 Share Posted July 14, 2010 Ouch, Lesley sorry to hear about your back, but glad it's starting to improve The place looks amazing - everytime I see it it changes and improves. You have all worked so hard on it - something to be proud of for sure! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 15, 2010 Author Share Posted July 15, 2010 Ouch, Lesley sorry to hear about your back, but glad it's starting to improve The place looks amazing - everytime I see it it changes and improves. You have all worked so hard on it - something to be proud of for sure! You'll be seeing it again soon - the lambs are looking very plump! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 Looks great Lesley! Lots of hard work been put in there Hope your back is getting better Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 19, 2010 Author Share Posted July 19, 2010 My back is a lot better now thanks - I just have to be careful in the morning and not dash out at 6am to start weeding. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted August 12, 2010 Author Share Posted August 12, 2010 A photo of the piggies - they've been very happy now the hot weather has gone..... The lambs go off on Monday - they've done really well but they are so friendly......it's going to be so hard to take them The pigs will be ready later in September, we have to take them off before the clocks change after the mistake we made the first year....... ........trying to catch black pigs, after 5pm, in a muddy field ...........not much fun We always book them in before the clocks change now. All the veggies have done well this year - it's lovely picking what we need for each evening meal........ but then there are the bulk picking to deal with - a big bucket of beans a day atm...... The onions are no problem - they're drying in the polytunnel now, ready to string..... I didn't think I'd grown enough but I think there may be.... Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and aubergines are doing well in the polytunnel and we should have enough tomatoes to go through the winter even though we have fewer than last year. Last year life got in the way and the tomatoes were a bit of a jungle.......this year they are all tidy but have fewer toms...........I think I'll just leave them next year Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 12, 2010 Share Posted August 12, 2010 They look lovely Lesley. Sorry I can't help with the excess of courgettes or beans, but shout if you need anything else eating! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
henriette Posted August 12, 2010 Share Posted August 12, 2010 Great crops Just LOVE the piggie photo, especially love the one with the black snout Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...