chocchick

I'm going on holiday!

I'm going on a last minute riding holiday next week. It's something I've always wanted to do. I thought I was just going to be moping round the house all week while OH is away and instead I'm horse riding. It's for adults, and sounds really beautiful, homely, and confidence building. :D:D

jump.gif

P.S Yes you will have a break from my many posts :oops:

Looks fabulous Chocchick!

OH and I went on a horseriding holiday a few years ago up in Northumberland, we were complete novices but at the end of the week thought we were doing quite well - on the last day we discovered that our horses had done all this so many times before that they knew what to do and when - we hadn't been controlling them at all :roll: it was hilarious.

Got ma all excited now. LSH and me are gong for a two day riding break in a weeks time, no kids, yeh. The idea is we come back an start decorating but they'll have to finish it first. Having the half of front garden paved as well at the mo :?:roll::?:

I rode when I was younger and did the odd jump, and have had the odd lesson in recent years. Despite this I'm not that good :oops: Still I love horses :D

Eglutine that is a kind offer, I will check with my two friends nearby first.

Trish, wow we're both going on riding holidays. I'm doing 3 days. 8)

Maybe I should have arranged a forum riding holiday :idea:

83_G.thumb.jpg

This was my favourite pony Nutmeg. We developed a system where I held the reins loosely and just nudged her rein gently if she ate if she stayed just behind the pony in front and went into trot when I made kissy :oops: noises (nothing else) at her :D

On the plus side my riding muscles developed and I want to find a lesson/trek quick while I'm in practice

On the minus side I'm walking funny :roll: it was 4-5 hours a day :shock: and they found me a seat saver pad for the saddle on day 2 :roll:

Food was good and met some nice people, 2 others on their own.

Glad you had fun, though I am very jealous - I used to go pony-trekking in Wales as a teenager, but OH hates horses so a shared riding holiday is not an option. Maybe, like you, I'll do it some day when he's pursuing his own interests, like watching noisy cars go round in circles :roll:

The prices didn't look that bad to me - room, full board plus riding for about the price of a decent hotel room!

It's something I've always wanted to do too. I only ever got lessons and the odd trek as a kid as my parents weren't riders.

The food was really nice-full English breakfast/cereal/toast. They leant you a bumbag and water botle which you carried your picnic in everyday. You came back to afternoon tea with a choice 2 cakes/something like a teacake. Dinner was at 8 and was meat and 2 veg followed by dessert.

The rooms are set up so that you share, or pay a lot more. There were 2 other girls on their own and about 12 guests in the ride. There was 4-5 hours riding everyday mainly in walk or trot with the odd canter.

They were very safety/insurance conscious and wouldn't let us tack up or do the girth or stirrups, just groom. They've been sued once apparently. The ponies are welsh cobs and just follow each other so quite safe but forward moving as it says in the brochure.