Cinnamon

Looks like it will be autumn this week!

Flippin' freezing down here, s"Ooops, word censored!"ing ice off the car for the past 2 mornings before I could go to work, heating went on last night and I don't care how nice and blue the sky is during the day, I didn't see my hens for 3 days with having to go to work and getting back after dusk :(:(:(

Hubby's now sentenced to several months of freezing his extremeties off as he waits for trains to and from London each day for work, and now that the weathers changed there'll be delays, leaves on the line, or ice freezing the points etc, etc.

I am absolutely, utterly convinced that my being born in this country was a geographical error, someone up there got it wrong :roll: , I belong in a warm climate :wink:

Bring back Summer :shock::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure that I need to either hibernate or emigrate :wink:

With having reptiles in the house we have to be very careful with the heating. They do have heating mats for their vivariums but if there are big fluctuations in the house temperature it can cause them problems, ie having the heating off all day and set on timer to come on when we get home. Once our heating is on it stays on from around 6am to 11 ish. Having said that we have found that if we put it on the lowest setting after frost guard the house gets warmed up nicely and the heating bill was actually less than having it on the timer but having to have the thermosat much higher. And I have a wood burner in the living room for those days when we want that extra toasty warm. Don't like the dark nights but I do love the frost etc and being able to snuggle up i nblankets and wooly pullys. :D

My heating went on too yesterday, but OH said in the evening he hadn't noticed. :roll: I said he would have done if the heating hadn't been on! :lol:

I just love the winter duvet - so heavy and snuggly. OH has learnt to provide me with at least two hot water bottles. :) It saves him having to warm up my ice-block feet! :lol:

I wear socks when it's really bad, but I do warm up once I'm asleep, so then I'd have to take them off.

I have one hot water bottle on my feet and another one to cuddle :oops: I'm clearly turning back into a baby! :lol:

Sometimes our fat kitten comes on the bed to keep me warm.

That must be nice! I used to sleep with cats as a child, but always found they dominated the bed and I was uncomfortable but afraid to move! Nice and warm though - which is why they like to be there!

I'm tempted to let Tigger into the bedroom now at night, but I don't think he'd leave much room on the bed for me! Hartley the kitten snuggles up on my feet, which is fine, but she must have been cold herself lastnight, becuase she came uunder the covers to snuggle up, and I got woken at about 3am, to find her licking my feet. :shock:

Hartley the kitten snuggles up on my feet, which is fine, but she must have been cold herself lastnight, becuase she came uunder the covers to snuggle up, and I got woken at about 3am, to find her licking my feet. :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

His, ermmmm, excessive trumping has now been solved (well, mostly :roll: ). We now have him on a completely dry diet, and we have warned off one of our neighbours who was also feeding him. :evil::evil: She's been feeding him and our oldest cat, Mog the Mouser, and has in fact decided that Mog is hers, has given him a new collar and because of the amount she feeds him, Mog never comes to our house now. Mog wasn't chipped, so we can't prove he's ours, however, there aren't too many cats like the amazing one-eyed ball of wind going about, so she's been warned - feed Tigger again, and we consult a lawyer. It seems to have worked for the moment, so the house is a touch more pleasantly fragranced again! :lol::lol::lol:

Im going to find my electric balnket today! :D

So cold last night - feet like blocks of ice in bed & OH not happy about using him as a heat source! :lol::lol::lol:

I have ice cold feet too. I thought that's what OHs were for :lol: If he's late to bed I have to zap the bed with an electric heater for 5 mins or I'd never warm up :shock: