Cinnamon

Looks like it will be autumn this week!

Im going to find my electric balnket today! :D

So cold last night - feet like blocks of ice in bed & OH not happy about using him as a heat source! :lol::lol::lol:

I have ice cold feet too. I thought that's what OHs were for :lol: If he's late to bed I have to zap the bed with an electric heater for 5 mins or I'd never warm up :shock:

:roll::roll: just wait 'til you hit 50 and keep throwing all the covers off :roll:

I haven't used the electric blanket for the third year running now and can only sleep with just a sheet over me :D

Now I learnt something interesting.

Apparently women feel the cold more quickly because as we get cold the blood rushes to our internal organs to keep them safe and warm and as men have some that are external - ah-hem - they dont feel the cold so quickly!

Another beautiful day in sunny Dorset - and off to see the "Grumpy Old Women" stage show in Woking tonight :D ( I think I will be able to teach them a thing or two :wink: )

Lit a fire today!

Visited the Aga/Rayburn showroom yesterday - was lovely and toastie warm in there! - OH was once dead set against getting one (due to cost of running one) but has been exploring alternative energy sources etc and is now very keen. Won't have it sorted for this winter but hopefully this time next year I'll have a new kitchen with a lovely warm range cooker 8)8)

Great for baking too :?

we lit the firepit last night and sat in the garden till 10pm. it was lovely.

hubby went to empty it this morning and the coals were still burning :shock:

Id love an open fire indoors though, I cannot understand these people who have chimneys but never light their fires (my mum said its too much work, cleaning etc)...if it was me I'd have my fire lit EVERY day :shock:

Me too - I love having the fire on - but I try to be good and follow a standard routine of (1) put jumper on (2) if still cold, make a Hotty Watty Botty (3) if still cold, light the fire.

...... of course if I had my Aga it would be toastie-warm in the kitchen all day long :wink:

I have a couple of open fires.

It is a bit of a faff but sooooo worth it.

Not lit a fire yet this year because Gary the builder is doing things up scaffolding on the side of the house where the chimneys are and the chimneys will need sweeping first.

Its been brilliant having Gary here... he is very taken with the hens and I leave them out when he is here......no fox would dare come here with the amount of noise made...... so they have been pretty much able to free range all day for about a month. I give him eggs to take home so everyone wins!!!

And he'll be here for at least another month!!!

Yet again the stove is lit and the heating is off :D It gets hot really quickly I try to use as little coal as possible because I have to pay for it, so I use the large stove nuggets, which burn very hot and for ages. I put just a few in the bottom of the stove to keep the fire in, then use my logs, which I get for free, together with wood off-cuts from a chippy friend.

Mel's seen the wood in my garden - it's everywhere!

You are all soooo lucky!

My dream is to live in a house with an open fire but I know it will never happen. I make up for it by renting a cottage each year for a week that has a fire - last year we had chickens outside too!!

Please - all you girls who have a open fire - NEVER take it for granted!

You are all soooo lucky!

My dream is to live in a house with an open fire but I know it will never happen. I make up for it by renting a cottage each year for a week that has a fire - last year we had chickens outside too!!

Please - all you girls who have a open fire - NEVER take it for granted!

im the same as you...would love one too.

When we have some spare cash and can afford an extension on the side of the house, I plan to have a log burner in my dining room, even though I live in a house (not a twee cottage) that doesnt even suit a logburner - im having one !! :lol:

Just to make you all go :mrgreen: with envy..... here's a link to my open fire. Had it lit last night, and tonight we will do the same, and snuggle on the sofa with a glass or two of red wine and a good book....

Here....

Yes Clare: The sunset was amazing here too: Purple and pink one end right through to burning orange the other side of the sky. Wonderful! :D

Just to make you all go :mrgreen: with envy..... here's a link to my open fire. Had it lit last night, and tonight we will do the same, and snuggle on the sofa with a glass or two of red wine and a good book....

Here....

Yes Clare: The sunset was amazing here too: Purple and pink one end right through to burning orange the other side of the sky. Wonderful! :D

Im very envious! looks lovely

I can always remember as a child having an open fire, on Sundays me and my sister used to have a bath together, on with the jim-jams....we then used to sit in front of the open fire drying our hair listening to the top 40 on the radio.

how I'd love to do that now.... :( ( not bathing with my sister tho :oops: )