brambles

I wish to make a complaint about my hen rights

Well helloooo Minky, how youuuuuu doin' :wink:

This is Noodle here, Dora, our Head Girl, (thinks she is anyway) has kindly let me jump on the keyboard to say hello. She says shes too big for you and would quite like it if me and my bantam friends would dissapear to see you. :?

I am a Frizzle, I have blonde feathers and my hooman says i am gorgeous, I have a good sense of humour, like long walks in the flower beds and am looking for someone for nights out and fun. :wink:

My banty friends want to say hello too but i said no :lol:

I have never seen this red ball in the sky and would love you to show it to me. Are you very far away?, could I fly there?

Love Noodle

X

Hello there Noodle, I'm just fine thank you. :dance: I have never met a Frizzle hen. You sound like a real cool chick. 8) I hope you are not a smoker. :anxious: I would love to show you all the best night spots in Hen Heaven. We could spread our wings out and sun bathe together. :P Do you like to sleep in a tree :?: My hoowoman would prepare a special feast for us of mealworms and that bokashi bran she goes on about. :lol: ......... I could show you where all the best greens are and we could peck away at them to our hearts content. :dance: Although you would have to take your turn as I already have some lovely young girls here. Maybe we should just be pen friends for the time being if that's ok with you sweetheart. :wink: I don't think you would make it over here by flying yourself. :lol: Our best girl for flying is Amelia and she can just make it between the two pergolas in the garden. So you would have to arrange for your hoowoman to fly you over in a big white bird thingy that makes a lot of noise. I'm sure you will have seen them whilst you have been in your garden in the flower beds.....My chicken mummy has just shown me your photo Noodle, and your hoowoman is right you are gorgeous.

Sending love to you and hoping that you are nice and snug and warm. I will send a photo of the big red ball in the sky so that you will know it when you see it next. xxx

Thank you for writing to me Noodle. xx

Yours Minky.xx

Dear Minky,

What a shame I cant fly there, it sounds wunderful. You sound very nice and no wonder you already have a hareem of girls, you are indeed a very handsome chook. I sleep in my pink pad with my friends, whats a tree?

It also sounds like you have your hoowoman trained like ours with all the treats you get. Its so cold here but our hoowoman puts a round red thing in our pad that keeps us nice and warm, so maybe I should stay here a bit longer I would probably miss my friends too.

I would like to see a picture of the red ball as i cant imagine what it must look like. Is it warm or cold?

Thank you for saying I am gorgeous :oops: I think you are too :oops:

Lots of Love

Noodle

X

Dear Noodle,

I love a girl who can make me laugh. :lol: I can now think of you all snuggled up with your friends in your pink pad. What is that? I never heard of a "Pad" We are so lucky to have such kind and loving chicken mummy's and daddy's. Ours spend hours just watching us all and saying nice things about us. I like to be picked up a lot and while my hooman has been here over the last few weeks, I have had loads and loads of cuddles from him. We talk a lot about things the two of us. :wink: He also turns the compost every few days and lets me fly up and have a poke about in it, it keeps me amused for hours........ Because of the big red ball thingy it is nice and warm here so we can sleep in the trees. They grow up to the sky out of the ground and have branches to perch on and leaves that keep us hidden from the cats that come into the garden at night. It is beautiful Noodle to sleep under the stars and to see the moon shining down. Tonight the frogs are making funny noises, they call it croaking I think. One day I will show it to you. :oops:

Sleep tight lovely little Noodle. :oops: Sweet dreams. :oops:

Love Minky. xx

Hello Minky,

sleeping under the stars sounds luvly, its a shame I cant fly there but maybe one day my hoowaman will fly me there.

But at the moment i wouldnt want you to see me as my hoowoman has made me smell 'orribul! She sprayed me with some cold stuff and it absolutely stinks :vom: . she said it would stop the bigger girls pecking me and my ickle friends. I dont know which is worse, the smell or the pecking :( The funny thing is my stoopid hoowamn didnt know that the stinky stuff was brown and she sprayed sweetpea who is white first. now Sweetpea and Angel have funny brown marks all over them :lol: Me, Baby and Pickle are brown and black so it doesnt show :dance: Silly mummy was quite upset so we hope it soon wears off. :?

Hope you are enjoying your trees and the big red ball Minky.

Lots of love

Noodle

X

Hello All

Dora here,

I have had to take the keyboard off Noodle as she is getting quite infatuated by Minky the spanish lothario! :shameonu:

I cannot believe my stupid human :wall: Spraying the bantams with that awful smelly stuff to stop us pecking them ! :roll: Honestly! We arnt going to really hurt them but they need to know their place ! :shameonu: It is just ridiculous, it tastes foul and they look silly too :roll:

Me and the big girls are considering going on strike because of this, if this smell lingers much longer we will :notalk: These humans need to know who the real bosses are!

Hope you are all well

regards

Dora

who IS head girl!

Hello ladies,

We are the wernlas baybees and we have been having big advenchoors.

That white stuff is still there, it must have been polished as it's getting slippy. I don't like it. I get stuck sometimes and the hoowoman has to rescue me. We have had day trips to the spa this week. When the big girls go out to do poo sculptures we go across to their cube. I have to follow Tiggy very carefully and try to put my feet in her steps like that goo Kink wenceslost.

When we get to the cube spa we eat the tasty treats they have. They look exactly the same as ours, but taste so much better. Then we spend time in the jacuzzi which is downstairs under their bedroom suite. I like to go in first and rasputia sits and natters. Then we spend another hour in it together. It is lovely. It is mud and bark and stuff. :) We sit in it with just our heads poking out. It is a luxury jacuzzi in a big white plastic box. Classy.

Big Obi Hen ke"Ooops, word censored!"i came back in the other day and wasn't very pleased. She has got brand new feathers and BOY! can she fluff up huge and scary. I ran away, but rasputia got stuck in the cube and ran and hid in obi's bedroom. The hoowoman had to rescue me through the egg port. I'm not sure what an egg is, I hope I find out soon, I'm going through some changes and my face is all red - dont' think it's cause I'm blushing for not knowing what an egg is though.

I think that's enough holidaying for us anyway. Maybe one day we'll see the big ball in the sky, I think it's just a rumour though.

Tiggy and Poo Poo

Hello Minky,

sleeping under the stars sounds luvly, its a shame I cant fly there but maybe one day my hoowaman will fly me there.

But at the moment i wouldnt want you to see me as my hoowoman has made me smell 'orribul! She sprayed me with some cold stuff and it absolutely stinks :vom: . she said it would stop the bigger girls pecking me and my ickle friends. I dont know which is worse, the smell or the pecking :( The funny thing is my stoopid hoowamn didnt know that the stinky stuff was brown and she sprayed sweetpea who is white first. now Sweetpea and Angel have funny brown marks all over them :lol: Me, Baby and Pickle are brown and black so it doesnt show :dance: Silly mummy was quite upset so we hope it soon wears off. :?

Hope you are enjoying your trees and the big red ball Minky.

Lots of love

Noodle

X

Hello again Noodle,

that brown stuff sounds awful. Poor sweetpea must be very upset about not being white at the moment. Those big girls can give you a nasty peck I know. I've seen our top hen Marilyn throwing her weight about sometimes, but I am brave and strong and go in there and sort it all out. The big girls wouldn't peck you if I was around Noodle. :oops:...... The big red ball was hiding today, but we have had a jolly time looking for things to eat, pecking at the grass and resting under the banana trees. Sophia caught a frog and we all chased her around the garden, but she ate it.........It was great fun. :dance: It is warm 22C but it looks like we could be getting a bit damp tonight in the trees, big dark covers are creeping down the mountain tops........ Our chicken mummy has been out lots today and we were all making a terrible din when she got back. We were starving hungry,(not really, but it works everytime) :dance: she gave us some pine nuts from her hand, they were luverly. Chicken mummy got cross with Little Pingu she was pushing in and gave Amelia a peck on the back, she ran into the shed and hid for a bit. All's well though and she had extra mealworms. :lol::lol:

Speak to you soon Noodle. Love to all your little friends. Have a nice day tomorrow, you never know the red ball may come out to play.

Love Minky.xx

IT IS ALL A Lie - there is no big red ball in the sky. Me and my friend bARRY LOOKED ALL DAY today and it does not exist. Most of the day I could not even see the next door chickens on the allotment - I am a good and well trained chicken so I BOOCKKKKKKED at them anyway. I told them ' I AM IN CHARGE, I Will Peck you (unless Primrose pecks me first).

My hooman is rubbish and today there was no hot porrige, only half a lettuce. We treated it with the disdain it deserved and tomorrow it will be slimy and she will have to throw it away. Especially nasty as I have hidden a stealth poo in it so she learns er lesson!

Well my chicken friends keep training your hoomans. We are thinking of swapping ours for a newer model!

Hi all,

Tiggy and Poo poo, a jaccusi sounds like good fun, im glad you enjoyed your spa treatment, Im guessing thats like what we do in the wood chip, we bath in there :lol:

I like the idea of hiding stealth poos under the lettuce :lol: Lettuce?? whats all that about then? You of course will no doubt keep it up until your hooman is better trained :lol:

Minky :wink: Frogs sound like fun, I have never seen one, are they like mealworms? we all love those. Sweetpea and Angel look very silly now :lol: but me and Baby and Pickle still look good as you cant see the smelly stuff on us :lol:

Dora keeps giving me 'looks' while im on here so I will be quick :anxious:

Lots of love Minky :oops:

Love Noodle X

Minky and the girls calling,

what I don't understand Barry, is how you do a poo in a lettuce that is hanging up! maybe your owner is so bad that she just throws it on the ground. :roll: What would you do with them. :roll:

Like the sound of that muddy bath thing though, my girls would just adore that thing. 8) that is sooooooooooooo cool.

Oh Noodle! you would just love frogs, we have hundreds of small green ones that live in the trees. The hoomans have made two big puddles in the garden, one of them has some gold and white things moving around in it, and the cats from next door like to sit and watch them. :twisted: The other one is for the frogs to make tadpoles in (thats what I think they said) yes! tadpoles. They grow into frogs and jump about all over the place, they are hard to catch as they get into small places to hide just like the lizzards do, but what a laugh we have trying to get them to come out of hiding. :lol::lol: You must get your chicken daddy to make you a puddle in your garden. :whistle:..... You can always have a drink in the puddle when your mummy puts nasty stuff in your drinker. :lol: So far no red ball today, but it's not raining either........ How is Sweetpea's colour doing :?:

Love you oodles Noodle. :oops::D

Minkyxx

Hello all,

Donna here :D Can anyone tell us what "hartch-eng eggs" are? Grace has been sitting on our eggs after we lay them (which really is a pain when she won't budge up in the nesting box :roll: ), so our hooman female said she may get her some "hartch-eng eggs" once it gets warmer.

Sir Minky, we are mostly big girls here, although Susan and Nyssa are quite small and very pretty. Nyssa would love sleeping in a tree under the stars as she likes to get high up :D I know you are in love with Noodle now, but if you get some room in your harem I am sure that they would make lovely wives.

Here are their photos (not that I am trying to get rid of them or anything :liar: but the least number of people we need to share our mealworms with the better :wink: )

DSC02311_resize.jpg

DSC02314_resize.jpg

Also, your frog eating in Tenerife sounds wonderful. We sometimes find frogs in our garden, and other tasty things too. Our hoomans find it very funny to see us chase each other around trying to get the frog. Leela found a vole once, but she ate it by herself. Here is a picture of her with the vole....

DSC02206_resize.jpg

Bye for now

Donna and the gang xx

Hi Girls,

gosh! I am a lucky fellow having the pick of all you lovely ladies. I have plenty of room in my heart for another couple of chicks like you. :P Although I am very smitten with Noodle. :oops::D

I can tell you all about that hartch-eng eggs stuff. You have to be all grown up and you need a boy hen to come and stay with you for a few weeks to make sure that it works well, the boy hen will chase you round the garden and jump on you, and you may not like it at first, but then you will and it will all be okay. :oops: It is better in the springtime when the weather is warmer and all the hens feel like doing the jumping and running around. :oops: That broody business is a pain for the hoomans. :lol: Our young Bunty is going through that wanting chicks thingy and our chicken mummy is just leaving her to get over it. :( I am sad coz I work very hard trying to make chicks, I do the running and jumping everyday, sometimes twice a day. :roll: Then the hoomans come and take the eggs away and eat them, sometimes we eat them too :lol: ...... I am very impressed with your vole catching, our mummy is never quick enough with her camera to capture the action. :roll:......... Thank you for the photo's you are both very beautiful and just the right size for me. :oops:

Love Minky. xx

Hi girls....... and Minky :wink:

Donna, i cant believe you want rid of Susan and Nyssa, they look beautiful but i suppose there is only room for so many beautiful girls in one run! They can come with me when my humummy flys me to see Minky.

We can chase frogs and sleep in the trees and maybe see the big red ball in the sky.

I am a little sad today as I didnt see my humummy, she was somewhere stoopid called werk or something :( She did look in on us after we had gone to bed but we were so sleepy it was all I could do to write this.

Have a good weedend girlies XXX

Love Noodle

(noodle luvs minky oodles too :oops: )

Hi Noodle and my new little girl friends in Wales. It is late and my chicken mummy wants me to go and roost in my tree, but I have to say "Hello" to my Noodle. :oops: Poor you! we don't like it when our hoowoman goes out either. :( ..........They say that the white stuff is running away and that the wet stuff is falling from the sky. :roll: I am hoping you are staying nice and dry all of you. :D The red ball will be in the sky on Sunday, that is only one more sleep away. Hurrah!!!! :lol::lol:

This a picture of a caterpillar that we found in the garden today. We were all scared stiff of it and "Ooops, word censored!"ody would go near it. It dug a hole and went into the brown stuff under the stones. Our hoomummy said it would change into a crissy something and then into a Hawks Head Moth, which is a very big scary thing. :anxious: I am hoping that it will not make you scared to come and see me chicas. :lol:

DSC00296.jpg

Night night Noodle.

Love Minky.xx :oops:

Good News Chicken Ladies

This evening Primrose avoided detection and managed by stealth and guile to tuck herself into the new girls coop for the night. sHE perfected flinging herself like feathered cannon ball across the omlet netting and using the eglu run for it's true design purpose as a runway (be careful; with this girls as you reelly need a run extension to make this werk properly). This was all part of my evil master plan to lull the interlopers into a false sense of security - Primrose is such a wuss since all her fevvers fell out - and then me Barry - I would Bok, bok ,bok BOCK and tell them that I AM IN CHARge.

It was all going so well.

I was tucked up innocently in th eglu, all fluffed out to hide the fact that she was gone, and stoopid hooman came and checked with somefing called a tawch! She was a bit miffed that primrose was lost and mentioned some animals called fockses - I don't know what they are. Anyway she stomped off with her tawch and took no time at all to return with my friend Primrose tucked under her arm.

I burbled at her that I will sort her out in the morning! :evil: but soo tired.

Ah well girls, back to the drawing board of chicken domination. Keep strong lead chickens and make sure your flock KNOW THERE PLACE, including those pesky hoomans. :evil:

GOOD NEWS CHICKEN LADIES

After a week of making my friend primrose hurl herself into the new girls run area from the launch pad of the eglu run extension - it has all paid off.

At the week end the hoomans admitted defeat and merged our two flocks. I have told them all I AM IN CHARGE. The hoomans muttered but got on with the chore of putting out the netting (little do they know that we have escape planssdrawn up - just as soon as the veggies begin to grow and there is some tasty pecking to do).

I have been and inspected the alternative accomodation and havve made a new chicke friend who looks just like me - shiny and black. She is a Maran Cuivre which is a lot like me. Primrose is sulking a little as her fevvers have come back and she wants to be in charge. She is doing a bit of pecking but none of us girls take much notice of her! I have taught all the hens to lay in our superior eglu which confuses the hoomans no end as they try and work out which eggs belong to which chickens - Just you wait until I train them all to lay stealth poohs in th enest box and hide the eggs under the pampas grass.

Keep going girls, these hoomans can be trained, but it is a marathon not a sprint.

BoooOOCCCCKKK

Barry!

'Ahem''cough' *stands up*

Hello, my name is Dora, and I am a treataholic

Yes, its true, i have been all my life and so far my hoowoman has been very good at coming up with the goods. But, :evil: , I havent had a treat for nearly a week !!! :evil: I have heard her saying something about worms, but i havent seen any so wots she on about! i have had a good 'ol Bok at her today and she tried to cuddle me ! Harumph! as if I would let her do that without a treat. She said she couldnt wait to give us a treat tomorro. TOMORRO! ??? Why not NOW!, Honestly! This must absolutely be against my chicken rights. I swear if we dont get treats tomorro i am going to my MP.

Noodle is driving me mad at the moment too, all she says is

'Minky this' and 'Minky that' :roll: and' I wonder what Minkys doing now?'

Today and yesterday she was jumping up and down while we were in the garden shouting 'Look, Look, its Minkies big red ball in the sky, he must have sent it to me'

Stupid Bantam! :roll:

Well Ladies, Lets hope there are treats tomorro...... OR ELSE! :evil:

Gosh Dora you are unlucky on the treat front but very lucky on the red ball front :shock:

We are still waiting for Minkys Red Ball in the Sky, us girls have decided it is favouritism for Noodle. Susan and Nyssa are very jealous. Although the hoomans had to give Susan a purple patch after she cut herself :roll:

Well, we saw more of the white fluffy rain today, although thankfully it hasn't turned into a white cold carpet.

However, it did mean that the female hooman gave us some of that warm mash tonight before bed, yum yum. :D