brambles

I wish to make a complaint about my hen rights

Sisters and Sir Minky,

The hooman Space Chick has done it again, brought us 2 new sisters :x

Nyssa is most upset, as she heard her say that Tegan was also "girlfriend material" for Sir Minky!!!! Nyssa decided today that it was about time she grew up and laid her first ever egg today, its about time really as she is a year old. :roll:

Off now, I have new sisters to shout at :wink:

Love Donna and the gang xxx

Hello girls and boys, Daisy top-chook here again.

The cunning plan to stop the runts coming into our garden didn't really work. I'd got all the others organised to watch the door and stop them sneaking out, but forgot just how stoopid Chance is. Turned my back for a minute to look for worms and found the Lola and Rhiannon-runts in the flower beds :shock: and Chance still - you guessed it - watching the door, which she said didn't move once :doh:. Honestly, thick as a brick that girl!

Actually it was quite sweet, the Rhiannon-runt got all excited about the garden and ran round squeaking at everything. Then she did this little dance on the lawn - wings spread but not flapping and doing this little skipping thing - and the hooman came over all emotional about how happy Rhiannon was to be free, and we all got corn as a special treat :D. Roxanne and Lucy-runts are still too scared to venture out, and Lady, Lola and Rhiannon are behaving nicely and showing due deference to yours truly, so they perhaps they're not bad after all. Maybe I'm just feeling more kindly towards then now I've got my own bed back :D

Wishing Donna and the gang all the very best in shouting at the newbies - you make sure they know who's boss-hen!

Dandelion says hello to Sir Minky :oops:

Hello Dandelion (flaps wings madly at Dandelion)

We do that little dance thing Daisy, the hoomans love to see us do that. :roll: The things we have to do to get treats and keep them entertained. :roll: I have to rack my little brains out some days. :lol: We always manage to make them smile though. :wink: The latest thing is posing for photographs. :roll: What a performance that is.......Come here....not like that.... turn your head a bit more this way......it goes on and on Daisy, drives us all mad. :wink:

Off up onto my branch now, as it's nearly dark.

Nite Nite all.

Sir Minky.xx :oops:

Sir Minky, disgruntled Donna here :?

What have you been saying to Nyssa???? The last week she has insisted on sleeping on a perch in the run and not in the bedroom with us :shameonu:

We keep telling her she is not in Tenerife but in cold South Wales, but she is refusing to listen. Apparently if her beloved Sir Minky can sleep on a branch than so shall she (we haven't told her that it is a broom handle and not a branch :lol: )

Also, she was very poorly on Thursday, the Hooman Space Chick thought it was because she was going to lay a softie, and then on Friday when she did lay a softie it made her think how clever she was at avian medicine :roll: Do you think we should tell hooman Space Chick that it was because she was love sick :?:

Bye for now

Donna and the girls xxx

Dear Donna, (Looks sheepish) I may have mentioned that it is good to perch on a branch at night to Nyssa, but I never thought she would do it, but I am very glad that she is strong enough to. :anxious: It is not an easy thing to do you know Donna, you need strong legs and feet to sit on a branch/broom handle for all those hours. :wink:

My poor little Nyssa has been poorly you say, :anxious: I am so sorry to hear about that. I had heard that she had layed an egg for the first time the other day, I did not know it was a soft one,that is very bad for her Donna. :? I am glad the Space Chick hooman was there to look after her in my absence :wink: the hoomans are very good at Avian medicine. :wink: I don't like to think that I have done anything to make beautiful Nyssa sick Donna, but there again being in love does very strange things to a little hen. :wink: Maybe better not to tell the hooman Space Chick that it was anything to do with me. :shameonu:

I am very sleepy now Donna, it is not easy typing when you are perched on a branch and it is dark. :lol:

Love to all the girls in Wales.

Sir Minky.xxx

Dear Sir Minky and all my sisters

Well, all this talk of flying up onto perches made us think. So we decided today to Do Something About Our Fence. We waited until some hoomen had come to visit our hoomans' house. We made sure they were watching and then made a Bid For Freedom. This was just after our hoowoman told them how good the fencing was.

Well, I can proudly report that I, Blodwyn, who apparently flies like a big heavy red square thing they call a "brick" actually got over the fence with my sister Gwennie while the visitor hoomen were watching! Gwennie then took it too far as she always does, and flew up onto the roof of the chicken run and was looking into next door's garden, and the hoowoman came and moved us back inside the fencing again.

We struck a blow for our hen rights! No compost heap is safe while we are around! The hoowoman had to give some our eggs to the visiting hooman to cover her embarrassment.

Now we have sorted the fencing, we have just one other problem to deal with: the No Treats While They Are Being Wormed problem.

Yours, in sisterhood (with a flirtatious Bok for Sir Minky)

Blodwyn

Hello fevvered friends :D . Maisie 'ere on behalf of the Scottish crew :D .

We've taken a feather out of Sir Minky's bok and taken to sleeping al fresco too :D . Our hoowoman is getting cross and keeps talking about the eggloo being a very expensive nestbox :lol: . We try to keep her happy by pooing all over the bench and the perches (especially where the branches join) so it gives her something to do cleaning it all off. She keeps telling us we live in Scotland and it's too cold to sleep outdoors but she's obviously a big softie not like us hardy 'uns.

Molly and Milly are still not laying eggs but I've decided to pop a green one out every now and then. The hoowoman gets so pleased it's pathetic :roll: . The babies are still laying almost every day (teachers' pets :roll: ).

Ladies and Sir Minky, Roxy here. I'm in a bit of a flap. Something's going on...

Hoowoman spent HAY-GES in our run today (is she broody?) and even locked us OUTSIDE to FR! Says we "get under her feet" - course we do! They're SOOO big we can't get out of the way :shock:

But what's she up to? All that hammering and bashing today, muttering about making space for (green eglu) ? I'm perfectly happy being in charge of our (purple eglu) thank you very much, bossing the other three into it and going in last. How on earth am I going to be last to bed in TWO?

We don't need it! Even Hooman used to say "we don't need it" but I've seen him cleaning it near his cube and getting excited about !egggreen! or !eggblue!. What does he want to paint our !egg! for?

Yep, something's definitely up :shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo! I AM THE ONLY SPECIAL BREED IN MY FLOCK! Now that's got me ruffled!

If I shout a lot when these new "sisters" arrive, do you think I can scare them off? I did that last time I got new sisters but after a few weeks forgot they were new and took them under my wing :oops: But I will need a plan to put these new babies in their place... Hmmm :think:

It'll serve the Hooman right if these "special" breeds lay !egg! like me! :twisted::twisted:

I too have tried the shouting at new sisters :wink: However, usually when you get to know them they are lovely :shh: Don't tell them though :whistle:

We have our 2 new sisters sleeping in the cube with us now, its warmer at night :wink:

Please remember that us girls are all special, regardless of our egg colour :D I am special because I am cheeky, Susan is special because she has an extra toe :vom: gross!!, Barbara is special because she had a dreadful life in a battery cage. See we are all special, at least thats what hooman Space Chick tell us, she loves us :P

Lots of love

Donna and the other special Cimla Chook girls xxx

You're so right Donna! My hoowomman says I'm special because I'm top chook, my soft fevvers shine green in the sunlight, I was first to lay and have only missed a few days in six months. She says Sophia's special cos she's too pretty for her own good!

And Ursula and Tallulah are special cos they were working girls before they came to stay in the Granny annex. They weren't real chickens until they met me'n'Sophia - we taught them all the chickeny things they know! They used to stare at me when I dust bathed and ran away when I dug up worms and didn't know you could eat them :lol: They didn't know how to roost either - the first time they slept in our (purple eglu) their legs dangled down through the bars :lol: Still all four of us try to sleep in the nest box now but Sophia usually bags it first :shock: At least it means Hoowomman has to clean it every morning if she wants poo-free !egg! hehe

Thank you, I feel better now. We are clever, aren't we? Night night!

Hello everyone, Daisy here,

Don't you put up with those fences girls, it's just not on. Our hooman netted off the veg patch and won't let us go and eat the cabbages, even though she says they're for us - where's the sense in that?

We tried shouting at the new runts too, but they're still here and, since they know their place, we've let them play out in the garden with us. They don't half hoover up the food though, so it's a good job we've trained our hooman to keep all the feeders and bowls topped up.

Now I've got my bed back, Dandelion and Chance have come back into the (cube green) too and the newbies are swopping between that and the (cube red). One night last week the Lola and Rhiannon-runts ended up in separate houses for the first time ever and you should have heard them squeaking to get back together come the morning :shock:. We've made sure they're together since then - too much noise otherwise.

None of us are special breeds, but our hooman says we're very special and loves us all anyway (though she loves me most :D) and she always says thank you for the eggs we give her (and she still loves me most even though I haven't done the egg thing for 15 months now).

Dandelion says to say a special hello to Sir Minky :oops:

Sir Minky here,

good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. We are really fed up here as our hoowoman is leaving us with the hooman for a few days. :( Something about one of her girls having a special birthday in Wales. :P So we will be in the hands of the gods. :lol: He is a bit slack on the food stakes. :roll: not nearly so many treats as the hoowoman gives us, I will be doing a lot of singing in a very loud voice. :wink: He is never on time with the food and forgets to make our delicious yogurt mix. :roll: Roll on next Tuesday. :clap:

Enjoy the red ball in the sky in the meantime, and keep on perching. :dance::dance:

Love and lots of pecks.

Sir Minky.xxx :oops:

Hello Ladies and Minky

Brandy here, sorry I haven`t posted in such a long time but i have been quite happily tootling around my garden.

I was after your advice please.

My hoowoman has told me that i need to pack my little suitcase and make sure I am ready to get in my travel box bright and breezy on Saturday as she is taking me to meet my new husband!!! :shock:

The hoowoman tells me I need a good strong man in my life to set me on the straight and narrow. She says that cos I am "grumpy, unsociable and generally not a very nice person" too my flock mates this is the best thing for me. She says that my new husband (bleugh can't even say it without all my feathers ruffling) is very handsome and kind to his other wives and that he lives with her bruver. She also said that I can fulfill my broody baby dreams with him and hopefully I won`t be an evil pancake anymore. She also said that our babies will be stunners!

Aren`t I a little young, at a year old, to be getting married?

What if i don`t like him!?

What if the other girls are mean to me!?

but most importantly aren`t their laws about arranged marriages these days?

I am waiting on a call back from my solicitors, Henmores!

I won`t go i tell ya!!!!

:anxious:

Dear Sir Minky

Blodwyn here. We can sympathise with your plight.

We are going through the No Treats While They Are Being Wormed problem at the moment. In our case it is the hooman who is softer than the hoowoman and he gave us 12 grapes and a handful of mealworms yesterday. And he keeps saying he doesn't like us!

The hoowoman went Bok Bok a lot at him afterwards - I think she was trying to sound like one of us :lol::lol:

We find that jumping up and down looking keen and/or pathetic usually does the trick, but we must admit, our hoomans are incompletely trained as of yet. We live in hope.

PS we got out while she was cleaning the Cube on Monday and ate a whole piece of mouldy bread from the compost heap!

Love

Blodwyn

We are really fed up here as our hoowoman is leaving us with the hooman for a few days. :( Something about one of her girls having a special birthday in Wales. :P

Dear Sir Minky,

Donna here, tell your hoowoman that if she wants to come to visit us in Wales we would love to see her.

Nyssa has said that she could send you a love letter back with added mealworms :roll:

xxx

Dear Brandy,

Can we send Grace aswell. She could do with a husband, she is still having her long term feud with Ace, is the only one who is picking on Tegan, and now she is hogging the nestbox being an evil pancake too :shock:

I think that 1 is a nice age to have a husband for a pretty hen, and there is some compelling evidence that arranged marriages work better than ones where the couples choose each other, so I would say don't knock it until you've tried it :wink:

Hope you are having a leaving party :wink:

Love Donna and the girls xxx

Dear Donna,

my hoowoman said to tell you that she would love to see your hoowoman, but she is very tight for time as she is doing a wizzzzzzzzzzzz around the country again to see her small hoomans and their big hoomans as well.

To all of you that are going to get new husbands and baby chicks, I have to tell you that it is ace. :twisted: My girls love all that stuff with baby chicks and are much better at being nice to the other hens afterwards.

Loads of love and pecks.

Minky.xxx :oops:

They're at it again. All I want to do is to verbally abuse people, block any other hens from the nest box, growl, do massive smelly poos, refuse to eat, and try to set the others off.

Just when I thought the cochin was going to drop broody and the legbar was thinking about 'clocking' rather than clucking they shut me up in this darn uncomfortable holiday cottage agin.

I am not amused.

Bluebelle.

Bluebell, you have my sympathies.....I am stuck in the nursery (pink eglu) with my babies whilst all around me are freeranging to their hearts content...and does the Chook Mum take any notice of my perfectly reasonable requests to be set free...does she heck.....and if that Holly sticks her beak into my run one more time I'll peck it hard...... again :twisted:

You keep up with those lovely poos...they make the Chook Mums heave if they are really potent :lol:

Blossom