Cyber Chook

Fitflops and MBT's - what do people think?

Does anyone out there in Omlet World have either Fitflops or MBT's? I don't mind spending a lot on comfortable shoes (well, I do, but I've reached The Age where I now think it's worth it), but are either of these any good?

As Fitflops are around £45, and MBT's are £120 plus, I'd love to hear from owners whether they think they're worth the expense?

Caroline

Sorry I have no idea on these! But I think its worth spending a fair amount if the shoes are comfortable :D

But if you can get cheaper but with the same comfort range, go for it! :lol:

Whereas a lot on not so comfortable shoes, it never seems to work out :?

Just wanted to say I love the way you say 'The Age' in capital letters :lol::wink:

I've got the Fitflops and I love them. The MBT's have been recommended but I couldn't do it as I'm not keen on how they look.

Not sure if I can say I have buns of steel and firm thighs as a result of the Fitflops though but then again I haven't had them long enough. Ask me again in a years time!! :D

I've never met anyone who didn't love their MBT's. Mine fixed my posture in a few days (it went right out as I lost the weight!). I can wear them for days and walk for miles. Not sure I've got buns of steel though.

Mum also loves hers to bits.

Love my fitflops - comfy ++, pardon my ignorance whats an MBT? - I paid £35 for mine so unless they have gone up in price shop around, love em - would stay in them all day if I could. not sure if toned legs thou- still looks abit wobbly to me - but hey I've seen worse

I've had my Fitflops for about a month & I can see a difference in my posture. They killed my calves for the first few days, but now I can walk for miles. I get backache if I don't wear them now. Would some MBT's but the cost has put me off Skechers do a range based on the same idea.

I am wearing my brown suede Fitflops at this very moment. I have had them for about 10 days and I have fallen in love with them! The new suede ones (in black, brown and beige) are £36 in John Lewis and the others are £45.

After the first couple of days of wearing them, I noticed that my left buttock was aching, so obviously that was the only part of me toning up. One kind friend sugggested that maybe the right one was already toned!

They are much more comfortable than normal flip flops and the bit between the toes is much softer, kinder and less noticeable.

Highly reccommended.

:D

Okay, well, none of you seems to have bought Fitflops and regretted it, so I might splash out on a pair. A friend told me you can get them via Boots online, or at John Lewis, but can anyone recommend anywhere with good prices?

MBT's, for those not that familiar with them, are those odd-looking shoes you might have seen around, with a curvy sole. I think they claim to work by simulating how we used to walk, without shoes and on bouncier surfaces - by slightly destabilising the foot they make your leg and back and stomach muscles work harder.

I didn't know Skechers do a similar type of shoe, thanks for that. I really like their styles, so I'll check them out as well.

I know what you mean about more things to spend money on, Olly. I'm building up to buying one of those Bamix blender thingies which were raved about here recently :roll:

Caroline

I bought Fitflop billows which are a sheepskin covered in style for the winter and love them to bits as they are so comfy and when I wore them I noticed that I didn't get the back, hip and knee pain I often get.

I've been a Birkenstock girl for years but never wear flip flops as I can't stand things between my toes, until now that is! Having gone back to my Birkenstocks I found that my aches and pains were starting up again so last week I bough Fitflop Electra in Bronze and they are so comfy that I only take them off if I'm going to bed or having a bath :D

Regarding prices there are a few different styles that range from £36 up to £50 for the flip flop type Fitflops. Mine were £5 cheaper in Sweaty Betty than in other shops but when I was at Bluewater last week Jones bootmaker had some in the sale for £29. You could also try googling "cheap fitflops" as a few places have sales on at the moment.

Amanda

I've worn my slip on Fitflops for long and short walks to the shops, up and down the garden and even in the house as they are move comfy than any slippers I have. In fact I hardly want to take them off :D

OH has one suggestion though....as I paid a few pence short of £50 for mine, he said that he didn't want to see me mucking out the chickens while I was wearing them (well fair point, they are a light cream colour), so my red crocks are not redundant yet.

Christine

I have both fitflops and mbt trainers. The trainers are a really bright blue and I admit to not wearing them very much. When I bought them a couple of years ago there wasn't much in the way of choice of colour etc.

I wear the fitflops a lot around the house but every time I wear them to school etc I get very sore toes. The bit in the middle really rubs my skin. I've had them over a year now so had expected them to be better by now.

I think its just me though as I'm like it with all shoes.

I have a pair of each.... got them free :D

A friend has a shop that stocks them and we used to work together in my days as a personal trainer. She has stayed (sort of) in the industry and asked me to demonstrate MBTs for her at a trade show when they first came out. Payment was a pair for myself. They are very comfortable, and stronger in their action than FitFlops, so you have to build up your use of them if you're not fit.

FitFlops are much 'milder' in their action but still seem to have some effect. I trialled some for her and wrote an article. I wear my black fitflops most days in the summer and they are so comfortable. I just wish that the new Dass style was available in women's sizes.

The MBTs are very hard to walk in unless your posture is correct. You can wear/walk on Fitflops whatever your posture, but they seem to work best if you are standing correctly.