Paola

Has anybody noticed my.....

Well LSH has been offered a fantastic job and excellent expat package, which we thought we would be crazy not to except. It was very odd how it all came about. We went on holiday this year to Singapore and Vietnam but before we went I posted on Facebook that I had booked the tickets. A friend that both my husband and I used to work with in London said that he now lived in Vietnam and to give him a call when we arrived. He still works for the same company. Anyway we were staying with friends in Vietnam and our mutual friend lived 5 mins walk from our friends :shock: We met him for dinner and then he invited LSH to visit the new factory the last day of our holiday (while I went shopping!). It was at the factory that he offered him the job but it has taken some time for them to come up with the package. LSH leaves in 4 weeks :shock: I should be following on with the kids in October. The only thing that I am struggling with is that I am having to re-home all of our animals :cry::cry:

Sounds fantastic :D I don't blame you for going, it's such an opportunity and you are a young adventurous family you would be silly not to accept!

A great experience for the children, new country and culture to explore, please keep in touch and let us know how it goes (with pics!!!) :dance:

Wow that's really brave, but very exciting.

A mum I met at the local toddler group a couple of years, upped and left for Dubai with 3 boys under 5, as her husband was offered a job out there that they just couldn't refuse. Think it was a two year contract, haven't seen her around so guess they're still out there.

Thats brilliant - I think its a fantastic opportunity. Well done for going for it. That is so exciting for you. Its a shame you can't take the animals but it would be such an upheaval for them. I have a friend who has lived in Hong Kong for about 18 years now and loves it. Another friend of ours has just come back from Shanghai after about 5 years but is desperate to go back and get another job out there.

We have friends who are emigrating to Ottawa after the hubby got offered a great job so its all go for them at the moment.

OH had an offer of a job in Sydney when YS was a baby but I chickened (excuse the pun) out of it. I really wish I'd done it now. :roll:

My OH has one week left of his job now and then I think if something came up somewhere else then I'm ready and willing to go. Well, at least I think I am.....