The Dogmother

Oh poo!

sport like dominoes? - dull and spotty?

or horseriding? fast and furious?

or fishing? quiet and smelly?

I'll leave that to your imagination Mel :roll:

Sarah I already have a purpose built attic room in my Victorian house. I have been using it as a spare room/dumping ground (haven't I Mel?) since i moved there 12 years ago. It really needs the velux window there renovating and another one put in, the plaster and lath on the pitched ceiling is fallign off and needs to be replaced, the roof space insulated and boarded up into the apex, I will then get it replastered and will paint it. The chippy will build me some cupboards and sand the floors, the sparky will rewire it as it's *** years since it was done.

Luckily, when I got another mortgage deal earlier this year the rates were lower, so I was able to get some extra dosh to get this much needed work done.

I really want to get it sorted as it's a lovely quiet rom and I might even move my own bedroom up there. I just hate the mess and disruption while it's being done :roll:

Must take photos and start a progress report for my blog I think 8)

That means that all the clutter up there needs to be boxed up and places found to store it around the house for the next three weeks ....... :roll:

The whole place needs to be covered in dustsheets as they will be bringing all the rubble down two flights of stairs to get to the skip.

My best advice is to wrap all the boxes up in cheap christmas wrapping paper - that way you don't have to worry about them looking unsightly over the festive period - it will just look as though you are terribly generous with your pressies :wink:

Pile them all up around a nice big christmas tree :D

Wrapping them will have the added bonus of keeping the dust out :wink:

No, it has proper purpose-built stairs through a door on the first floor landing. The room is pretty big and has big eaves cupboards that run the width of the house. It is untouched since I moved in - after my ex left I had even less money than I have now, so doing it up just wasn't a possibility.

The probelm now is finding the space to put all the stuff - I hate things lying around and in the way.

There's a video facility on my camera, so I'll work it out and load the footage to my blog.

sport like dominoes? - dull and spotty?

or horseriding? fast and furious?

or fishing? quiet and smelly?

I'll leave that to your imagination Mel :roll:NOOO!! ITS FAR TOO EARLY :vom::wink:

Sarah I already have a purpose built attic room in my Victorian house. I have been using it as a spare room/dumping ground (haven't I Mel?)

YUP IF YOU DONT MOVE QUICKLY SHE DUMPS YOU UP THERE TOO :roll:

since i moved there 12 years ago. It really needs the velux window there renovating and another one put in, the plaster and lath on the pitched ceiling is fallign off and needs to be replaced, the roof space insulated and boarded up into the apex, I will then get it replastered and will paint it. The chippy will build me some cupboards and sand the floors, the sparky will rewire it as it's *** years since it was done.

NOW YOU TELL ME - YOU MEAN I WAS PLACING MY LIFE IN DANGER WHEN I TURNED THE LIGHTS ON???? IF I HAD KNOWN I WOULD HAVE GOT (& PAUL) TO DO IT :wink:

Luckily, when I got another mortgage deal earlier this year the rates were lower, so I was able to get some extra dosh to get this much needed work done.

I really want to get it sorted as it's a lovely quiet rom and I might even move my own bedroom up there. I just hate the mess and disruption while it's being done :roll:

Must take photos and start a progress report for my blog I think 8)

I have only just caught up with this!!!

So its finally happening then - it will be great when its done - i have been telling myself this for nearly 10 months now! :roll::lol::lol:

Make it your little mantra - 'It will look great when its done. It will look great when its done. It will.......'

Use this as your survival technique!!! :lol::lol:

That's a great space you've got up there, Clare. It will be stunning when it is finished. Will you be going for bigger windows or are you happy with the size it is? Sorry for so many questions only I want a couple of windows in my loft and wondered what size is enough for lighting the space with natural daylight without being ridiculously expensive :?

I am sticking with the same size Claire, replacing the one that you see in the photo because it is knackered (they were going to renovate it, but managed to get a good deal on a new one at Travis Perkins) and put an identical one on on the other side, which is the front roof. I have had to get permission for this from the council because we live in a conservation zone.

I was traipsing round it with the builders this morning (not the best of ideas when in clean work clothes) and discussing some changes to their work today. I will keep the blog updated and try to get some shots and videos in better light.