Ardene5

The Weather Thread # 4

Like Christian said applies here. It was so dark this morning I was surprised that the time was nearly 8 when I thought it must have been nearer 6 when I woke up. It was still dry at that time, then we had drizzle and now vertical rain. It's so still - no wind, and no sounds from outside - the wild birds are quiet too.

Just spotted your address - I think you definitely should have some sun for a while. :lol: I think we are supposed to have rain tomorrow too. But then my ground is so baked hard that it has cracked on the bottom end of the garden. Lovely clay, with a bit of chalk and flint thrown in because we are just on the edge of chalk. Next door's garden is very chalky! :?

Cloudy skies with patches of blue. About 13c now.

The temperature dropped by the time I set off to work. I had to de ice the car windscreen :shock: . A mad panic at 8.45am looking for de icer in the shed.

I have been away in Drogheda in ireland over the weekend and not bad weather at all and quite warm really - hubby set off to collect me from airport this morning and also had to de ice the car then and I am feeling really really cold tonight since I came home.

It was raining lightly when I got up then when I dropped YD off at school it started to tip down and I got soaked changing the chooks water etc :(

It had rained a bit more since and now it is mild and windy but the rain isn't far away. We have had 33 day without rain in Gloucestershire. :shock:

Yesterday woke up to torrential rain - I thought it was OH in the shower, but no - it was outside and really loud. Later we had stair rods and the chickens just stayed in their cube run for most of the morning, although the youngsters ventured out when it turned to heavy drizzle. The wind picked up a fair bit too. The sun was not a stranger and we had a little and a teensy weensy bit of blue sky and then clouded back over. The girls wanted back in with tea just after 5.30 (even the street lights were on). It wasn't raining but very dark - by 6.30 it was pitch black. Today it must have rained because the water dish outside has about half an inch in it, when I emptied it completely last night. Very dull and murky so far this morning - damp and slightly breezy. Hope it blows over.

We had torrential rain last night - got soaked walking the dog - the rain ran off my waterproofs and down my jeans (it wasn't raining when I left, so didn't put waterproof trews on). I don't mind too much; it's quite fun really.

Dark start this am and had obviously been raining hard in the night. Clearer now though and even slightly bright. I hear that we're in for more rain this afternoon. :?

I gather that London had it's second warmest October night on record at 18 degrees, it was much colder than that here. We had a warm muggy day with heavy showers last night and it rained a lot overnight.

It was really chilly here this morning I went into town and I was shivering, it was below 10 degrees at 9am.