Ardene5

The Weather Thread # 4

I'm not sure whether it was a heavy frost or another smattering of snow - lighter than the day before. It was a bit cloudy last night when I turned in. Yesterday we sat on a bench watching the girls ranging together and this morning it is covered with little white blobs - snow? But it is still white all over and sparkly, the sun is trying hard to rise (not doing a good enough job at the moment in my opinion, I shall have to have words with it) and the sky is a cold, clear blue. Everything is very still but the air is so lovely and fresh.

Very cold overnight and woke up to snow...

It's not so deep at the moment but it's still falling and the sky looks very heavy. There's another hard frost due tonight so the lane will probably be out of bounds again! :roll:

We're going to try to get out today to get more bird food- the poor things are getting through mounds of it at the moment...

For most of the day we had grey clouds - after a morning with pink clouds - shepherds warning I guess. The temperature stayed at zero until around lunchtime when it suddenly started to get warmer - 4 degrees in Yateley, 2 degrees here, and it started to melt the mucky stuff lying around - then the sun came out for good measure. Started snowing at 5.

We're going to try to get out today to get more bird food- the poor things are getting through mounds of it at the moment...

I've just ordered £83 worth :shock::shock::shock:

Crikey :shock:!!

... best not to add up what I spend on bird and cat food... :anxious::lol:

It snowed for most of the day here, although we did have a thaw during the afternoon.

It's very cold this evening and has just started snowing again.