Ardene5

The Weather Thread # 4

I'm sure it is getting colder :shock: Not a breath of wind, the sky is white and an eerie mist is swirling around the Castle making it look very spooky.

My plastic clogs were frozen to the doormat in the porch. I slipped my feet into them and started to walk and the mat came along with me :lol::shock:

The Eglu eggport is frozen, not even dribbling hot water on it would defrost it, the nestbox cleaning will have to wait.

The air is so crisp and clear, when I was out in the garden just now I could hear the sea which is a good few miles away and a train which was weird as the line is even further away.

Sub-Zero here and dropping, went for a walk earlier, to the co-op we had run out of butter :roll: Everywhere is white and very sparkly.

ED came with me and we passed some carol singers, singing their heart out for charity we donated generously, they were all fairly old and it was sooo cold and their singing made our walk even more magical :D

After a bright morning we appear to be getting misty - as if we haven't had enough adverse conditions here! We are still stuck in our driveways - if we try to venture out there's no guarantee we'll be able to get back up the road - too many steep slopes to the main roads. Our veg will have to wait another day - may as well pick it up at the same time we get the turkey. Oh that will be fun. On the other hand we still have plenty of goodies in the freezer and will put Christmas on hold until the weather improves.

It's very cold & frosty... -4 at dawn and not too much warmer now.

We had a light shower yesterday which has now frozen on top of all the other ice. We definitely won't be able to leave the house today :anxious: .

I'm just hoping that my sister and family manage to drive safely from Wiltshire to my parents place in Boscastle...

A little bit Warmer today and the snow has started to thaw. Fierce hailstorms most of the morning and a bitterly cold wind. The main roads are clear but getting down our drive and along our lane is interesting.

The local radio station has reported that in some parts of the Scottish Highland the temperature dipped to -16c last night :shock:

The forest in the distance has disapeared from view, a sure sign that some kind of storm is approaching.

Been raining here - only a little though. We braved the roads and went to Whitchurch via the A303/A34 (?) and found the roads much better than here. We got our veg and stopped via Laverstoke farm to collect the turkey on the way home. By that time it was raining very hard. Collected mum from her house - because we knew that once we got back in the drive we weren't coming out again!! Some blue sky visible and it's beginning to ice up again.

Well blow me down. When I put the girls to bed with their tea the water was icing over, cracked it for them and went back indoors. An hour later I went to collect the dishes and water - it had melted and the snow was melting off the trees and the paths were beginning to clear. Just looked outside and it looks wet still - and we've turned off the heating!

Yesterday was a mixture of everything!

Frost followed by sunshine, then heavy rain, sleet, hail, snow, mist then back to frost!!!

Very eventful! :)

We were forecast a milder night but woke up to another frost. It's about -1 with blue skies at the moment but think it's meant to be warming up from now on...