Ardene5

The Weather Thread # 4

Freezing overnight and loads of icicles around - worried re my greenhouse roof now as heard loads of others have brooken glass with the snow - one of our farmers has had a roof collapse with the cows inside and his worker broke his collarbone as he was inside at the time modern shed with iron girders which went like dominos! - worrying One cow died only thankfully but bad enough.

It's been a brilliantly sunny day with clear blue skies. Not a cloud in sight even now as the sun sets. Still -6 so I dread to think what the night time will bring.

Met forecast says it should be cloudy from 12noon :eh: with heavy snow at 3am :cry:

It was soooooooo cold this morning taking the dog out gave me a nosebleed :(

I wish it would all go away :pray:

About to put the chooks to bed as they have ventured out as far as their outside dustbath.

I think I'll treat them to a warm jacket potato :D

-8c and freezing. The sun is just coming up from behind the hills so it could be a brigher day.

Do not go outside with wet hair! I just did as the chickens were complaining about being locked up. I was out for less than 5 minutes and the bottom couple inches of my hair froze :shock::lol: I had to sit on the floor with my head againist the storage heater to defrost it.

It didn't feel cold last night - and it felt a lot warmer this morning as well. We have cloud cover - the sun is trying to get through so we have a bright pinky patch in the middle of the grey. The clouds are moving quite fast and there is a slight breeze.

Minus 4 at the moment, but I think that's wind chill more than the actual temperature because the icicles are still dripping and we look set for more snow in those clouds. Very windy, but not as bad as I thought it would be - although I don't think I'll spend too long in it to try it out.

Think we must have had a bit of rain/ sleet overnight because there's been a slight thaw.

It's windy this morning- a bitter wind at that and the sky's looking ominous. I'm not sure if we're going to get the blizzards that have been forecast or just sleety stuff. At least we're above freezing again! :)

I'm not sure if we're going to get the blizzards that have been forecast

I remember taking my then small daughter to Goonhilly then down to Kynance Cove ....... years ago now ......... sigh.

I remember looking over the cliff and seeing thousands of blooming mesembryanthemum; a wonderful sight. I wonder if all this dreadful weather has killed them off :(

I remember looking over the cliff and seeing thousands of blooming mesembryanthemum; a wonderful sight. I wonder if all this dreadful weather has killed them off :(

I hope not :( , but we're not used to weather as harsh as this down here.

I thought last years snow was bad but it wasn't over such a prolonged period.

Well, the blizzard arrived about an hour ago. I can normally see Kilmar Tor from here but everything is whited out...

Roll on spring...! :)