Ardene5

The Weather Thread # 4

It was very chilly overnight and we woke up to a hard frost, -3 first thing.

It's been snowing on and off ever since and everywhere looks very pretty 8)

The roads were treacherous this morning though, with snow settling on ice... It's thawed a bit during the afternoon but it's going to be very slippery after tonight's frost :anxious:

Reached a high of 0 degrees here - heatwave! It did feel a lot warmer than yesterday though, so I guess that must be down to the wind chill before. Was warm last night too - didn't need to hunt for a dressing gown to put over me in bed. Still an ice rink outside - gritted the rest of the road but not the cul-de-sac. :evil:

Hi Christian - yes we were more under that blooming snow cloud than you I think - luckily only about an inch or so. Still enough to be a pain on the roads here. This morning has a light dusting a bit like the icing sugar sprinkled on a cake. But still frosty. The girls have been whingeing about it, but they soon stopped when they discovered the wild bird food and are jealously guarding it between the four of them. :roll: Can't move the icy snow out of the way without ripping up the grass. :( As I look out of the front window it's all sparling and very pretty.

Getting quite thick here now - it's relentless. I've looked on Accuweather and it says we should get 4.5 cms during the night! It's already that - oh good it'll stop soon then. :lol:

This was last week - the snow is deeper than that now and you can't see where the grass, path or road begins - totally smothered.

P1020325.jpg