Ardene5

The Weather Thread # 4

Cloudy and sunny, little bit of rain, breezy but not cold. Snow has almost gone and now down to a few patches of slushy icy stuff. The girls are delighted with the garden opening up and peace is upon us once more. Although I think Patch may have lost her voice after so much whingeing - she sounds like a squeaky wheelbarrow.

The last of the frost melted away last night- hurray!

Our lane was frozen solid over Christmas... we only just made it out after getting stuck halfway up the hill on Christmas morning. Another stranded driver helped us to throw some grit and straw down on the ice so that we could get enough traction to set off again. After half an hour of failed attempts, we were starting to wonder if we'd ever get out, but thankfully we weren't too late for lunch in the end!

Had heavy rain/ hail on Christmas night and then a lovely sunny day yesterday.

More sun today and much milder than of late... :)

Frosty here but lovely and sunny. We have noticed over the years since we've been here that the sun is getting lower every winter. It used to just shine on the bottom of the garden but this year it just about gets on the fence. I was chatting with mum about it and it's something that she and dad had noticed too.

Has anybody else seen this?

A frosty start here yesterday followed by a mild sunny day.

It's hideous this morning though... drab and raining heavily :(

We have noticed over the years since we've been here that the sun is getting lower every winter.

Has anybody else seen this?

I was only thinking that the other day :think: I'll keep a closer eye on it now!

I wonder if it is a funny orbit type of thing that happens every so many donkey's years. Typical - we move to a house that slopes away from the sun and the sun decides to go AWOL! :roll:

Very heavy rain, but we still have obstinate snow patches in the garden that just won't melt.

OMG it is cold!!!!!

I have just been outside to put extra covering over the Eglu as the temperature has dropped to

-15c :shock:

I just read about that in the paper Ali, and thought of you. That is very, very cold. Take care, won't you?

About 2 deg here and drizzling, very dark too. :roll:

Yes we up in the frozen north have had minus temps for ages now and to-day it did get to plus 0.7 at one time and its been snowing again - its rather relentless and the chicken water is perm frozen and has to be replenished 3 times daily and their treat porridge was frozen and had to be remicrowaved for them - why are they laying eggs for me in this weather I dont know - bless them!. We hope for warmer weather daily but.....

It has been so cold here today! I went to do my volunteering and kept my coat on all the time i was there because it was so cold and the heaters are rubbish! I've had 3 jumpers and a scarf on all day too. Its the wind that is so cold, its got a really icy feel to it. There were so many branches fallen when me and mum went for a walk this afternoon. The wind does seem to have died down a bit now as i'm up in the attic and i can't hear it outside so far this evening.

I'm off into Manchester tomorrow to watch Grimm Tales so i hope the weather isn't too bad as we are making a day of it and going shopping first.