Louise

Injured

I have managed to hurt my neck I think it is just a pulled muscle but I have been in agony since yesterday - any suggestions :cry:

I have to drive to Cardiff and back tomorrow as well there are two of us going (for work) but we have to go there and back in one go and I can see it far enough :evil:

Louise, I suffer terribly with my neck - at least every week! One of the wings on one of the vertebrae pops out if I'm not extremely careful about my posture.

I zap it straight away with a full dose of paracetamol (for pain) and ibuprofen (for inflammation). I also apply Deep Heat all over my neck and shoulders. (I am fortunate that OH is very good at massage too) Having done all this, you then need to relax. Sometimes walking is good, sometimes lying down, sometimes I relax by ironing in front of the TV - whatever works for you! After about an hour, you should feel better.

The muscle down the side of your neck continues across your shoulder and down to the bottom of your shoulder blade. I get knots and spasms right at the bottom now causing pain and migraines. But my above method seems to work.

If you think your neck pain isn't muscular, you must get to a doctor today. Please don't attempt to drive to Cardiff and back without sorting this out. Sitting in one position for so long will only exacerbate the problem.

I hope you sort it out Louise!

I think it has to be muscle pain as I haven't done anything to injure it :?

I have taken Ibuprofen and it is a little better I have to get the bus home tonight as I will need my car at work when I get back in the early hours on wednesday :roll:

I am thinking of getting the bus to peebles and going to boots for a chat with the phamacist and maybe pick up some heat pads or something :evil:

...and forget the ironing - only Ginette must find that relaxing? :lol::lol:

Well I do! It's the quickest way to relax for me. But I have to be on my own and watching a good programme. After an hour, I have lost myself in the programme and can look with enormous pleasure at the huge pile of ironing I've done and the small amount left still to do. So I don't feel guilty about watching TV for an hour! :D:D

No this is impossible to change :evil:

I can't be switched for someone else as I am the only person who knows where we are going :roll:

It is just bloomin typical never mind I am off in a minute to get the first bus so by the time I have stopped off I won't be home any earlier than normal :evil:

Sorry to hear about your neck Louise. You need to take the ibuprofen regularly for the inflammation, ie 3 times a day for 3 - 4 days. It should help the pain as well but you can take paracetamol in between for breakthrough pain. In addition use heat or ice - whichever you can tolerate best (personally it's heat!). Very important to keep it moving gently though, avoid prolonged inactivity as that will cause it to stiffen up and make it harder to get going again. Be careful with the driving - you will need to build rest stops into your journey to allow you to stretch your neck and shoulder muscles.

Sorry for the essay, but it does work! 8)

The trip - just don't remind me it was horrendous weather all the way there and back I was on the go for 20 hours :shock:

We both survived - just :lol:

Was anybody stuck in the traffic on the M6 on Tuesday at Junction 39 Southbound for the Jacknifed lorry :? We phoned the police for that one :shock: Apparently the motorway was shut for quite a long time the driver was just getting out of his cab when I went past at 6.30 :shock: He was okay but his wagon was parked in the central reservation with the back end blocking the outside lane :roll:

I think yesterday weather was worse so I should really be grateful :roll: