Ygerna

Closure of BFPO in Europe - Please sign the Petition

Armed Forces have been advised that the BFPO facilities in mainland europe will be shut from September 2010. Personnel, and their families, deployed in europe currently enjoy the same postal rates as the UK. Withdrawal of this long established tradition will further erode personnel's ability to communicate with their families in the UK and safe receipt of parcels etc through a secure network.

I feel strongly about this. My Father was in the Navy, my Brother was too, I have other members of my extended family who have been in the Armed Forces too. Post, letters and parcels from home are hugely important. If you too would like to sign the petition please go to..

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveBFPO/

I come from a forces family and I remember writing to my dad when he was away during the Gulf war in the early 90s. I could write to him about whatever I wanted, or just draw him a picture, and pop the it in the post without having to think about the postage cost.

Needless to say, I've signed.