A chickychickychick-ENN!!

The TV theme tune thread

We got the complete series on DVD last year (for the kids :liar: ) and drove them mad singing the theme everytime it was put on :oops:

Ditto, except DD joins in!!

We've just got the 1st series of Sailor Moon and are endlessly singing that.

I love the theme tune of Phoenix Nights, True Blood, Red Dwarf, The Flumps and many more that i can't think of right now :lol:

The Rockford Files, Stargate Atlantis - lovely surging wave sound with big band and orchestra style, The Onedin Line, The Persuaders, The X Files (spooky), Black Beauty, dare I say Skippy? OK it's a good singalong one anyway! :lol: Magnum. Lots of cowboy ones like the Big Valley and Jessie James ooh and Rawhide and and I can't remember the name of the programme but it had a ranch in Arizona with Blue, Buck, Victoria, Manolito - Arghhhh!

Belle and Sebastian, The Flashing Blade, The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The Double Deckers, The Banana Splits, The Prisoner, I Dream of Jeannie (I have video of my (now 16) son dancing in front of the tv when C4 re-ran it when he was a baby), High Chaparral, Bonanza, Hawaii 5-0.

More recently, Buffy, Angel, Inspector Morse

Ooh The Flashing Blade was absolutely brilliant as a theme tune. I used to watch it every holiday with my sister. Space 1999 was a good one too, and the Tomorrow People.

Rhubarb and Custard was fab and Bewitched...and the Magic Roundabout...

As for the Sweeney, has to be one of the best ever! :D:D It was on on a Monday night so I used to be allowed to watch it with my dad while my mum was out playing bridge!

But what about the Professionals?

Your letter is only the start of it,

One letter and now you’re a part of it,

Now you’ve done it,

Jim has fixed it for you,

And you and you.

There must be something

That you always wanted to do,

The one thing that you always wanted to,

Now you’ve done it,

And you and you and ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba ba baaa xx

Your letter is only the start of it,

One letter and now you’re a part of it,

Now you’ve done it,

And you and you.

There must be something

That you always wanted to do,

The one thing that you always wanted to,

Now you’ve done it,

And you and you and ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba ba baaa xx

:clap::clap::clap:

You've had me singing along :lol:

All creatures great and small, The sopranos, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet,True Blood, The Sweeney The Bill, Coronation St, Eastenders,Sons of Anarchy,Match of the day,Dallas,Z cars,Twin Peaks,Black Adder,Only fools & horses,Benny Hill, Morecambe & Wise, Dr Who,Muppet show, Emmerdale,Desperate housewives,One show, Royle Family,Shameless,Mastermind,The Prisoner, Stingray,Wombles,Blue Peter,Magpie, Magic Roundabout, Top of the Pops,F1,Butterflies,Tales of the unexpected.Crossroads,Bonanza,Blankety Blank,the loveboat,The A Team,30 something, Friends,Cheers,Frasier,Hill St Blues,Sex in the city,AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH brain is now melting I watch too much TV :):doh::whistle::whistle:

This place really is an education. There are loads on here that I have never even heard of.

Just a couple or so that spring to mind:- Between the Lines, The Flumps, Randall and Hopkirk (deceased) Brideshead Revisited, Lie to Me. There used to be a programme on called Kidnapped as well that had a really haunting theme.

Some other good ones that have already been mentioned too.

The A Team, Knight Rider, Air Wolf

The Six Million Dollar Man,

"Steve Austin,

Astronaut,

A man bearly alive.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.

We have the technology.

We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man.

Steve Austin will be that man.

Better than he was before,

better,

stronger,

faster."

Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Hooooooooo!

Trapdoor

And anyone remember Manimal, staring Simon MacCorkindale (Harry Harper in Casulty). Really bad but I loved it when younger.

:oops:

Got to stop now or could go on forever.

:oops:

Oh, just one more Blakes 7.

This brings back memories - Black Beauty for one!

My favourite is, naturally, Ski Sunday. It has been the same for so many years and they haven't messed around with it or done a hip-hop version. The other one is Test Match Special in the good old days when cricket was on the Beeb and not on Sky.

I guess I mainly watch sports programmes, hence the bias towards these, but also Star Trek: The Next Generation is a favourite, largely because it reminds me of when I had my dog, and used to take him walkies when TNG had finished on the TV - the music made him go and stand by his lead!