A chickychickychick-ENN!!

The TV theme tune thread

This brings back memories of the highlights of the school holidays for me - all those dubbed children's programmes. I don't know how many times I must have watched Heidi, Robinson Crusoe etc, but I never missed them. Back then I could probably quote the scripts whilst watching them, I knew them so well! :)

Tales of the Unexpected with the weird dancers. Now where's that sofa to hide behind

It's really funny these days. Think ITV3 or 4 had some reruns a bit back. I saw one where a woman killed he husband with a frozen leg of lamb, then cooked it, and the police who came round ate it so there was no evidence left. Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!! See - funny really. Not quite right, but comedy anyways.

Tales of the Unexpected with the weird dancers. Now where's that sofa to hide behind

It's really funny these days. Think ITV3 or 4 had some reruns a bit back. I saw one where a woman killed he husband with a frozen leg of lamb, then cooked it, and the police who came round ate it so there was no evidence left. Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!! See - funny really. Not quite right, but comedy anyways.

It was called Lamb to the SLaughter - a brilliant tale! ALfred Hitchcock directed and American version with the lovely Barbara Bel Geddes who played Miss Ellie in Dallas as the murderer. Great stuff. I love that theme tune too! :D

This is really, really going to age me :boohoo: but does anyone remember the original Robinson Crusoe programme, it was voiced over English as it was originally in French. If I could hum you the tune you may remember it better, but it was quite haunting and addictive. In fact I'm humming it as I write this! Pleeese someone say they remember it :lol:

I also like the theme tune to Cold Case, in fact I bought the album that the tune is on !

Practically anything in the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack is amazing. :D

It was all a new score by Bear McCreary who was stupidly young to be writing such accomplished stuff. He's incredible.

Youtube search for the theme tune and also for Battlestar Galactica Passacaglia. The first is a world-music tinged Hindu prayer and the latter is a beautiful classical piece.

This is really, really going to age me :boohoo: but does anyone remember the original Robinson Crusoe programme, it was voiced over English as it was originally in French. If I could hum you the tune you may remember it better, but it was quite haunting and addictive. In fact I'm humming it as I write this! Pleeese someone say they remember it :lol:

Loved it too and now I'm singing it to myself as well!

Barnaby the Bear?

Any one remember? "Baranaby the bears my name , never call me Jack or Jane" cant remember any more words!!

Also Mary Mungo and Midge where the mouse used to sit on the dog nose and press the lift button??

What about Pigeon Street? - "if you lived down Pigeon Street, here are the people you could meet, here are the people who would say hello goodbye hello............its gone now!

It was called Lamb to the SLaughter - a brilliant tale! ALfred Hitchcock directed and American version with the lovely Barbara Bel Geddes who played Miss Ellie in Dallas as the murderer. Great stuff. I love that theme tune too! :D

My tales of the unexpected that stuck in my mind is the man who ate royal jelly and turned into a giant bee (watch out all you bee- keepers!) :shock: and the cat who was really beethoven re-incarnated and the husnband hated it. anyway to cut a long story short he was pruning the hedges came in with all scratches up his arms, the wife though he had killed the cat and I think :think::think: the wife killed him........cut to the end cat walks in :shock:

Also didnt French and Saunders do the tales of the unexpected dance??? or did I dream it?? :lol::think:

Barnaby the Bear?

Also Mary Mungo and Midge where the mouse used to sit on the dog nose and press the lift button??

What about Pigeon Street?

My tales of the unexpected that stuck in my mind is the man who ate royal jelly and turned into a giant bee (watch out all you bee- keepers!) :shock: and the cat who was really beethoven re-incarnated and the husnband hated it. anyway to cut a long story short he was pruning the hedges came in with all scratches up his arms, the wife though he had killed the cat and I think :think::think: the wife killed him........cut to the end cat walks in :shock:

Yes yes and yes! God, I LOVED Long Distance Clara. She set me on my truck/tractor love tack, I think! :lol:

Those TotUs sound insane. I want to see them. A giant BEE?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::shock: