Valkyrie

Does anybody ever feel ..... Part # 17

They can stay under the hen for as long as they need heat, if you make two legs on it longer than the other two they can cuddle up to the level of heat they need. you could also drill a hole in each corner (avoid the mat!) and hang it from a chain so you can raise it up as they get older

A 250w bulb is too strong if the chicks are indoors - I've used one in the shed before though

A 60w or 100w ceramic dull emitter is fine, just hang it quite low down and they'll be fine

... and while she's asleep, shall we go and visit Pepsi and Tinks? :whistle:

Ooooo, I like your thinking young man :shameonu::lol:

:angel:

They can stay under the hen for as long as they need heat, if you make two legs on it longer than the other two they can cuddle up to the level of heat they need. you could also drill a hole in each corner (avoid the mat!) and hang it from a chain so you can raise it up as they get older

A 250w bulb is too strong if the chicks are indoors - I've used one in the shed before though

A 60w or 100w ceramic dull emitter is fine, just hang it quite low down and they'll be fine

Ta :P

Am also looking for an indoor rabbit hutch so trying to decide what to use with it - I'll see what I can find :)

Night Kooj :D

Lewis, I use a clay plant pot upside down with an ordinary light bulb wired in it, the chicks gather round it beautifully. Worth a try and very little cost. Hope I have the right end of the stick on this . Just joined this thread. Lots going on with MIL's and stuff I have to study before putting my big Tenerifian foot in it. :lol:

Night Debs.x

Night Debs :D

Thanks + welcome to the crazy thread Shirl :lol:

I've used an ordinary red bulb before, and last time used an infra-red one, but Kelly gave me 2, 250W infra reds last week so thought I'd use those but they're too powerful.

Will probably just use the same as last time now I think about using it in the brooder, really easy to regulate the temp too :)