Valkyrie

Does anybody ever feel ..... Part # 17

Morning all :D

Em sounds a bit tender ... so I won't shout :angel:

:vom: Can keep your kebabs :wink:

... also, why is Molly and a few others, different colours in your sig? :eh:

Lewis just met the breeder man with the eggs :D The doesn't live very far away and said they'd be better to do that rather than going through the post, and he gave me 4 TNN and 3 frizzle (polands) instead of 3 - really nice :D

Lewis - I picked up an indoor rabbity cage from ebay for £2.20 8) and will be using an electric hen - I looked into bulbs, lamps and even considered going all DIY (but decided I was lacking the skills) but in the end the electric hen worked out about the same price and is cheaper to run :D

Bargain! I've got my eyes on ebay.

I've seen a heat mat on t'internet too - 14.5watts and 27x27cm and its only £10, but the Brinsea ones are 25W so I'll carry on looking :)

Am having a baking session here :D Batch of chocolate brownies coming out of oven in a bit. If they look good i might make another batch :) also plan on making some cream cheese frosted choccy cupcakes. Easter pressies for the parents and inlaws. Have also made Dad a small jar of pickled bantam eggs :D

Debs - if I can do a camera then so can you. Er, it's the next bit I have problems with - loading up on the computer. :oops:

Ooh Lewis - resullllttttah! :clap:

MMMMMMMM brownies! :drool:

Murray is making lemon curd at the moment - we are inundated with eggs. Methinks I'll have French toast with lashings of cinnamon for lunch when he's finished. Thinking also of having a bash at home made mayo.

Sound good Claire 8)

*gets virtual plate ready*

Thanks Tasha, didn't think I'd heard of Forttex but thats where I got the thermometer from :lol:

Is yours a big 28x42cm one (only 20W one I can see on their website)? - me thinks its a bit big but should be ok :D

Mmm, lemon curd! Lewis ily

I tried to made mayo once - so much effort and it didn't work. Then tried it with the electric mixer and it was better, but takes ages and it had a bit of a wierd after taste :roll:

:lol:

Hmmm, mayo apparently is easier if you add a drop of oil at a time. But if it curdles you add yet another egg or yolk and carry on. Not sure whether to add lemon juice, vinegar or a bit of both. :? I suppose the tangy bits can be reduced. But the whites will go into making meringues (in the microwave) - mix with icing sugar to a dough, roll into balls and just press lightly in the centre. Dot them in a circle on a baking sheet in the m/w and put on "high" for about 2 minutes or so. If you do them too long they are really crunchy and disappear in clouds of dust, or slightly less is better. Fun to watch rising up. Then they can be stored in a plastic bag for months - if they last that long - or an airtight container. :D Easy peasy.

Hmmm, mayo apparently is easier if you add a drop of oil at a time. But if it curdles you add yet another egg or yolk and carry on. Not sure whether to add lemon juice, vinegar or a bit of both. :? I suppose the tangy bits can be reduced. But the whites will go into making meringues (in the microwave) - mix with icing sugar to a dough, roll into balls and just press lightly in the centre. Dot them in a circle on a baking sheet in the m/w and put on "high" for about 2 minutes or so. If you do them too long they are really crunchy and disappear in clouds of dust, or slightly less is better. Fun to watch rising up. Then they can be stored in a plastic bag for months - if they last that long - or an airtight container. :D Easy peasy.

Wow, never heard of merangues them in the quave like that 8)

I followed a thread on here about it, but think the oil was the after taste, so would use a lighter one again. We did add it a drop at a time, but took ages :lol:

Windows washed and net washed, dried and back up! :dance:

I think that is enough for a bank holiday :wink:

Oooh brownies! :drool: I am feeling surprisingly hungry!

Also looking at the mountain of eggs on the kitchen side thinking that a bake off sounds like a blooming good idea!

Photos are taken :D Phil is now working his magic on them, as he has to make sure the lighting is right :roll:

I keep telling him that this is the Omlet forum and not a photography forum :lol:

So I am still on target for my 1pm promise :wink:

I am getting increasingly alarmed at Tegan though, she has healed really well, and is in with 2 younger chickens, and yet she is still keeping herself to herself :wall:

Vicki and Mel are being great with her, nice sharing of mealworms etc, and yet she is still avoiding them :roll:

I think I have the wussiest, most antisocial chicken ever :notalk:

I have decided though, tough love is in order, as long as Vicki and Mel are being nice, she is staying with them :talk2hand:

I will ensure r-e-a-l-l-y slow intros as the babies are only 17 weeks, but I am not standing for Tegans nonsense. Fair enough when she was bullied, but now, she's just going to have to sort her act out :shameonu:

The meringues will be on the dry side - the squidgy ones are best done in the oven. But nice with some raspberries and cream and you have mini pavlovas. Or sandwich 2 together with some cream. Add colouring too - lots of fun! :D

I have had a quick look at the ingredients for mayo says it can be half corn oil and half olive oil. It says stand the oil in a jug of hot water and the sauce will blend easily. Oh well - it's not as if I won't have any eggs left if it does go wrong! :lol:

Feel like making brownies too.

Pancakes anyone?

I'm drowning in eggs! :shock::lol:

Me likee another brahma. Perhaps she doesn't speak the same language?

Did Lewis hear Brahma? :wink:

She should with them soon Debs :D

Only 9 minutes to go :wink:

Someone just phoned - " blah blah ... no-one in your postcode has one of our alarms so we're offering you one free of charge worth over £1000 ... blah blah"

:eh: Apart from already having an alarm, why would they give them away. Maybe trying to find out who says yes so they won't have an alarm. Could be legit too? :lol:

Pancakes!

Lewis is going to make some :drool:

Prehaps Tegan is just being a bit shy as she doesn't expect them to be nice to her :think:. I to would do the same thing Debs and leave them to it if Vicki and Mel are being nice. Or...as Em says you could always get another Brahma pal for her :wink: