Snowy Posted October 20, 2010 Author Share Posted October 20, 2010 More good ones! Just discovering Barclay James Harvest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Try Scuzz for rock bands - DD prefers it to Kerrang now. She's off to an MCR concert later. I have been listening to er, dare I say, Glen Miller. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Try Scuzz for rock bands - DD prefers it to Kerrang now. She's off to an MCR concert later. I have been listening to er, dare I say, Glen Miller. Glen Miller Rocks.....or should I say swings?! My class has had the topic of the Home Front for this past half term...so I've been playing them Big Band..I love it....Dare I confess I had a hopeless passion for MCR a few years ago..saw them 3 times in 18 months......I'm 36 now.....but would leave home for Frank..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 You are both speaking my language For someone who likes her music loud & indie,I also love Glen Miller & swoon over Frank on a daily basis - his voice just melts me I am an MCR fan too - love that boy Gerard,he is just lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Is the thread title annoying anyone else too? I thought Lesley would have noticed! Can't remember if they've been mentioned yet, have you listened to B.O.B + Cee Lo Green. We've had Radio 1 Live Lounge on today - can't go wrong, and a bit of everything Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 23, 2010 Author Share Posted October 23, 2010 No idea what you're on about Lewis Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 No idea what you're on about Lewis Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Me likee Gerard. Erin liked Bob - but he's not there any more. I've decided that at my funeral they should play Mama! And perhaps Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell. Oooh I haven't played that for a while. Oi Lewis! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Try Scuzz for rock bands - DD prefers it to Kerrang now. She's off to an MCR concert later. My ED would be most jealous of that as she LOVES MCR! I shall let her know about Scuzz. She loves Kerrang at the mo, but if there is something better, I'm sure she'd love that too. I do quite like Gerrards red hair. Actually, lovin' their new look lots Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Er apparently I got it wrong - her ticket didn't arrive at her friend's house. He got it off e-bay, so she couldn't go. She was a bit miffed when I couldn't get the tickets - they'd already sold out at 8.59am (which is when I logged in) in spite of them supposed to be kicking off at 9am. Then after her friend had supposedly got one for her, they started selling more tickets officially - so unfair. So she's been into town instead . . . in her pyjamas. I despair sometimes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jill the potter Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 Good thread! Here are mine.......... Ma Fleur - The Cinematic Orchestra Win, place or show - The Intruders (Disco Mania compilation) P P A - Rodrigo Y Gabriela Faith - George Michael Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush Oldman - John Butler Trio You can make it if you try - The Sounds of Blackness I knew you were waiting for me - Aretha Franklin & George Michael Put your records on - Corinne Bailey Rae People everyday - Arrested Development Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 Er apparently I got it wrong - her ticket didn't arrive at her friend's house. He got it off e-bay, so she couldn't go. She was a bit miffed when I couldn't get the tickets - they'd already sold out at 8.59am (which is when I logged in) in spite of them supposed to be kicking off at 9am. Then after her friend had supposedly got one for her, they started selling more tickets officially - so unfair. So she's been into town instead . . . in her pyjamas. I despair sometimes. [/quote Oh no..thats awful. What a disappointment! The last time I saw MCR we got there about 9.30ish...I had a last minute sitter let down..and they'd already come on stage, I forgot that due to the young audience age they might start early! I wanted to see The Deftones...but couldn't afford the tickets...so make do with blasting the kitchen walls instead... . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 I'm listening to Annie Lennox whilst my hair dye does battle with ever increasing number of white hairs! I'm not sure the kids are enjoying my singing though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 Don't....I've grown out my lovely scarlet, as it didn't go with th epixie crop...so have gone brown...but boy those sparkly silvers!!! I may give in and go platinum...not been blonde foe a few years. Excuse the poor typing, have dislocated a few fingers! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 and today I have been mostly listening to saves The day, with a small sprinkling of the Smiths and the wedding presnt...but feel malancholy now....so will listen to something uplifting before bed! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 Well, have now just discovered You Tubes queuing thang so the first 10 in my list (that aren't by the same artist, as I have a fair few songs by each artist in the list) 1. Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown 2. M.I.A - Paper Planes 3. The Killers - Mr Brightside 4. My Chemical Romance - Teenagers 5. Vampire Weekend - Cousins 6. Lady Gag - Bad Romance 7. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit 8. Guns n Roses - Don't Cry 9. Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (are made of this) 10. Tinney Tempa - Pass Out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 6. Lady Gag - Bad Romance If that is a typo,it is the very best one I have ever seen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 6. Lady Gag - Bad Romance If that is a typo,it is the very best one I have ever seen oops! Yes, it is, but I shan't edit it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 24, 2010 Share Posted October 24, 2010 Is the thread title annoying anyone else too? I thought Lesley would have noticed! Oi!! why me?? (I did but as I'm no longer a moderator there was nothing I could do - I had to go off and tidy all the leaflets at the Post Office to make up for it ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 25, 2010 Author Share Posted October 25, 2010 Sorry to give you stress Lesley! I found a music quiz app which plays excerpts from a track in your library and you have so many seconds to name that song. Good fun, but it reminded me of some albums that are in my libary that haven't been played for years! So today I have had Fairground Attraction's First of a Million Kisses and Sinead O'Connors I Do Not Want What I Have Not Got. both fantastic albums and nice to listen to them again! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clash City Rocker Posted October 25, 2010 Share Posted October 25, 2010 I am an MCR fan too - love that boy Gerard,he is just lovely I'm will be watching My Chemical Romance at Wembley next Sunday (31.10.10) though I'm not a fan. They are the "Warm Up" act and "half-time" entertainment for the NFL game 49er's V Broncos and may also be at the Tailgate Party during the day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 25, 2010 Share Posted October 25, 2010 Is the thread title annoying anyone else too? I thought Lesley would have noticed! Oi!! why me?? (I did but as I'm no longer a moderator there was nothing I could do - I had to go off and tidy all the leaflets at the Post Office to make up for it ) Don't know - thought thought you would! :lol: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sari Posted October 25, 2010 Share Posted October 25, 2010 I am an MCR fan too - love that boy Gerard,he is just lovely I'm will be watching My Chemical Romance at Wembley next Sunday (31.10.10) though I'm not a fan. They are the "Warm Up" act and "half-time" entertainment for the NFL game 49er's V Broncos and may also be at the Tailgate Party during the day. I was, but now I'm not sure...I still suffer...small amounts of ..lust ( will that get modded?!) for Frank and G...but prefer the chubby Latino look of Chino from Deftones....who have been listening to this evening...Did you see that Joe Strummer thing on tv the other night? I think it was on Sky Arts? It was great..I have a thing for Paul Simenon too....cool boys in hats... Can you explain American football for me...? might have to start a new thread or PM me with relevant sites...I have no idea...the old feller used to watch it occasionally...I jsut don't get it..I love sport..but NFL?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Calamity Jane Posted October 25, 2010 Share Posted October 25, 2010 Max Richter........... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...