Snowy Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 We had a thread like this some time ago and I remember getting some really good ideas for things to listen too. As I will shortly be joining the ranks of the ipodded, I am loading all my CDs onto itunes and preparing some playlists. So, whatever you are playing at present, whether it be laptop, CDs on random or MP3 - find your current playlist and hit shuffle/random and list the top ten tracks that appear (no matter how embarrassing!) Here are mine: The Chain - Fleetwood MacMykonos - Fleet FoxesI want to break free - QueenWhite Winter Hymnal - Fleet FoxesHotel California - the EaglesWild Horses - Rolling StonesBad Things - Jace EverettI Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed PeasSmooth - SantanaLayla - Derek and the Dominoes Hm, mine is looking decidedly dated - I need some new stuff to listen to. I also have an easy listening playlist and that is even worse - Jim Reeves, Roger Whittaker and the Seekers feature very heavily there! Inspire me! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 This is fun and my list is weird: All around my hat - Steeleye Span Tiger by my side - Empire of the sun We share the same - The Cribs Just a normal day - Supertramp Careful - Paramore Don't bring me down - ELO The return of the king - city of Prague philharmonic orchestra Higher - Creed Standing on the last star - Guillemots Swinging Hawaii - Kitty, Daisy & Lewis I also have pirate radio jingles and noises eg a spitfire, machine guns & motorbike engines on my playlist so I'm glad they didn't come up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 'The cave' - Mumford & Sons 'Gay Bar' - Electric Six 'Had Enough' - The Enemy 'I get a kick out of you' - Frank Sinatra 'Good Morning Britain' - Aztec Camera 'Right Now' - The Creatures 'Stellify' - Ian Brown 'My mistakes were made for you' - Last Shadow Puppets 'A design for Life' - Manic Street Preachers 'Feeling Good' - Muse Quite a varied mix! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 17, 2010 Author Share Posted October 17, 2010 Oooh, some good ones so far - must go and look up Steeleye Span and Empire of the Sun, I do like Steeleye, and seem to recall hearing something by Empire and liking it! And Aztec Camera! Brilliant - I used to love them but don't have any of their albums... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Shuffle on Spotify playlist: Rubber Lover - Marmaduke Duke Juggernauts - Enter Shikari Dont trust me - 3OH!3 Dental Care - Owl City Schadenfreude - Avenue Q (Maybe not what you're looking for! ) Its not over yet - Klaxons Let you go - Chase + Status Automatic - Pointer Sisters Smiley Faces - Gnarls Barkley Pack up - Elizadoolittle Maybe not as embarassing as the whole iTunes playlist would be Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I'm totally addicted to 'Oh Lori' by Alessi at the moment, and found it on a '70's compilation album I have. Hence, it is being played over and over again I'm trying to take my mind off having turned down free tickets to see Guns n Roses tonight, because I couldn't bear to see a fat, botoxed Axl with a gringo moustache, taking too many stage breaks and indulging in too many costume changes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Hmmmm - I don't store music on anything except CDs and the only music I've listened to recently is via Youtube - I tend to go and look for one thing and then go off at a tangent I started with.... Adele - Make you feel my love then.... Bryan Ferry - Make you feel my love Bryan Ferry - Jealous Guy Beatles - Blackbird (because the new single by Robbie and Gary starts off the same way) Neil Young - Heart of Gold (because of a TV advert or trailer....) Neil Young - Sugar Mountain Rock Follies - Sugar Mountain Stones - Angie Stones - As Tears Go By (and again by Marianne Faithfull) Secret Garden - You Raise Me Up a few Leonard Cohen.... then it was all a bit maudlin so I always end up with........ Iz - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Over the Rainbow/What a wonderful world I'm certainly showing my age Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I found the Alessi track by youtubing Andy Gibb Beware of looking at the Cameo video for 'Word Up' great song, awful codpiece Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Gosh I remember that - oh feel sooo old now. Son has Ce lo Green's "get you" the clean version on the radio so I'm singing along. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 My Mp3 is Full of Paramore lol so that all i get when i hit shuffle. Paramore - Decode Paramore - Brick By Boring Brick Paramore - Hallelujah Paramore - Careful Paramore - Fences Paramore - Let The Flames Begin Paramore - Emergency Paramore - All i wanted Paramore - Ignorance Paramore - Franklin My Xbox 360 is Full of Paramore,Guns N' Roses,Queen,Heart & Bon Jovi but i can be bothered to go up and turn it on to hit shuffle lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 My Mp3 is Full of Paramore lol so that all i get when i hit shuffle. Paramore - Decode Paramore - Brick By Boring Brick Paramore - Hallelujah Paramore - Careful Paramore - Fences Paramore - Let The Flames Begin Paramore - Emergency Paramore - All i wanted Paramore - Ignorance Paramore - Franklin My Xbox 360 is Full of Paramore,Guns N' Roses,Queen,Heart & Bon Jovi but i can be bothered to go up and turn it on to hit shuffle lol A bit like mine then! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I've just been peeling veg to the sounds of Damien Rice live at Fingerprints which I had sent over from the US a few years ago because he didn't release it here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam Palmer Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Mine are: Ride Forever - Paul Gross Sgt Rock - XTC Fairytale of New York - The Pogues When I Look at You (All I think about is...) - Buck Brothers Situation - Yazoo Australia - The Men They Couldn't Hang Some Sad Someone - The Wonderstuff Telegraph - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Rain of Blessings - Lama Gyurme Sugar, We're Goin Down - Fall Out Boy There's a big 80's bias on mine. It could all have been from that decade. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CatieB Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I most definately should not reply to this - you will see from my signature that my dog is called Snoop - for a reason and your idea of ipod heaven is seriously my idea of torture. Thank god for the rich tapestry of life. Currently listening to Professor Green, Plan B and Devlin.... I dont think you'll want to check them out. Love from the worlds oldest teenager (just hit 40) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 My son is going to see Prof Green in Dec - I wanted to go too - but was banned as not cool to have 48 yr old mom hangin on. I sing along to anything - can't rap but am allowed by my teen to do singy bits and he raps. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I most definately should not reply to this - you will see from my signature that my dog is called Snoop - for a reason and your idea of ipod heaven is seriously my idea of torture. Thank god for the rich tapestry of life. Currently listening to Professor Green, Plan B and Devlin.... I dont think you'll want to check them out. Love from the worlds oldest teenager (just hit 40) I'm sort of the same there. I love Devlin.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 CatieB, your assumption, certainly of me is spot on. The only thing I like approaching rap is Amish Paradise by Weird Al Yankovich! Which is a satire of Gangstas paradise by somebody else, although I wonder if I should have spelt that with a z. Of course, if you weren't talking about rap, what I have just said is all a bit random! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Paulo Nutini and Tom Jones' new CD. Going to see both at the Little Noise Sessions @ Union Chapel next month (keeping MIL company when she goes to see Tom Jones cos she loves him and she has run out of people to drag along ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 17, 2010 Author Share Posted October 17, 2010 Well I still think you should reveal your playlist, even if it is too 'modern' for me! I can at least go and listen to some tunes then. Trouble is, we live in an 'old' music house - hubby is stuck in the 60s or classical and even teenage son loves 70s prog rock So I don't get exposed to any good modern music! Hence the 'old' playlist - I don't know where to start looking for modern stuff (unless it gets aired on Radio 2!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clash City Rocker Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Paul Heaton - Acid Country LP Sleigh Bells - Treats LP C.W Stoneking - Jungle Blues LP Orchestral Manouevres - History of Modern LP Cee Lo Green - You (single) Imelda May - Psycho (single) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 I'm listening to 'Flaming June's EP - excellent stuff - even the kids sing along Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MammaT Posted October 17, 2010 Share Posted October 17, 2010 Well, it's Mozart at the moment...... but earlier the playlist began with: Beggin' (Pilooski Re-edit ) - Franki Valli & the Four Seasons Let Your Love Flow - Bellamy Brothers On Days Like These - Matt Monro Strange Brew - Cream You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Dusty Springfield I'm Not The Man I Used To Be - Fine Young Cannibals Place Your Hands - Reef This Is The Life - Amy MacDonald Love Is A Losing Game - Amy Winehouse Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darrin A strange mix-up maybe but fine for me (and the children earlier) on a Sunday evening... Make of it what you will... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 17, 2010 Author Share Posted October 17, 2010 MammaT that could very easily have been my playlist! Hm, except for the Bellamy Brothers - need to go and upload some of them. Maybe I should just accept that I exist in a musical timewarp! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 17, 2010 Author Share Posted October 17, 2010 Have had a go at Prof Green, Devlin and Plan B. Not bad - quite like Prof Green. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CatieB Posted October 18, 2010 Share Posted October 18, 2010 I will do a playlist but whilst I'm young enough to be a teenager (!?!) I'm not young enough for an Ipod yet and its still CD's for me so will have to manually see what comes on in my car - next ten songs! Try Devlin runaway - recently released and fav song of the moment. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...